Re: [DVDongle] Re: DVTool PTT Button

  • nhorv
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
      That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start talking, and another to release the PTT.
      Have not heard of a hot key.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
        Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@...> wrote:

        > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
        > talking, and another to release the PTT.
        > Have not heard of a hot key.

      • Mel Whitten
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
          PTT same as HF DV's FDMDV and Windrm.  :-)  Great!
          Mel
          k0pfx

          The old version did not have an F key for PTT. Both the old version and the new version can use the space key for PTT after you have clicked once on the PTT to give it focus.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "enjoyit2day" <enjoyit2day@ ...> wrote:

          > Not really an answer to the OP question. He wants to program a hot key so that he does not have to use the mouse. ie. the old version could use an f key or spacebar I think. I would like this as well because I can just hover my finger over a key on the keyboard that does not move around when bumped or touched like a mouse/curser.
          >
          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > Mike.
          > >
          > > You put a check mark in the box next to the PTT, and you'll just have to
          > > click it and let go of the mouse.
          > >
          > > Once you are done speaking, click it again and that is that.
          > >
          > > That is how I use my dongle.
          > >
          > > 73, Nick
          > > KJ4BSM

        • wy1u
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2010
            **** See messages 2270 and 2272. -Tim WY1U

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kj4feq@..." <kj4feq@...> wrote:

            > Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@> wrote:
            > >
            > > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
            > > talking, and another to release the PTT.
            > > Have not heard of a hot key.

          • Klaus
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
              It is possible to overcome the problem with external PTT control in following way:
              After DVTools PTT function via spacebar button has been activated, control also is possible by using an EXTERNAL keyboard additionally. So for PTT control you can either simply add a switch in parallel to it's space button or ( much more elegant ) by simulating same function with using a small microcontroller circuit. I did it by using an ATTINY45 processor together with one of those cheap PS/2 to USB adaptors.

              Klaus, DJ7OO