Re: DVTool PTT Button

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
      Hi ?????.

      The old version did not have an F key for PTT. Both the old version and the new version can use the space key for PTT after you have clicked once on the PTT to give it focus.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "enjoyit2day" <enjoyit2day@...> wrote:

      > Not really an answer to the OP question. He wants to program a hot key so that he does not have to use the mouse. ie. the old version could use an f key or spacebar I think. I would like this as well because I can just hover my finger over a key on the keyboard that does not move around when bumped or touched like a mouse/curser.
      >
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mike.
      > >
      > > You put a check mark in the box next to the PTT, and you'll just have to
      > > click it and let go of the mouse.
      > >
      > > Once you are done speaking, click it again and that is that.
      > >
      > > That is how I use my dongle.
      > >
      > > 73, Nick
      > > KJ4BSM

    • nhorv
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
        That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start talking, and another to release the PTT.
        Have not heard of a hot key.

      • kj4feq@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
          Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@...> wrote:

          > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
          > talking, and another to release the PTT.
          > Have not heard of a hot key.

        • Mel Whitten
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
            PTT same as HF DV's FDMDV and Windrm.  :-)  Great!
            Mel
            k0pfx

            The old version did not have an F key for PTT. Both the old version and the new version can use the space key for PTT after you have clicked once on the PTT to give it focus.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "enjoyit2day" <enjoyit2day@ ...> wrote:

            > Not really an answer to the OP question. He wants to program a hot key so that he does not have to use the mouse. ie. the old version could use an f key or spacebar I think. I would like this as well because I can just hover my finger over a key on the keyboard that does not move around when bumped or touched like a mouse/curser.
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > Mike.
            > >
            > > You put a check mark in the box next to the PTT, and you'll just have to
            > > click it and let go of the mouse.
            > >
            > > Once you are done speaking, click it again and that is that.
            > >
            > > That is how I use my dongle.
            > >
            > > 73, Nick
            > > KJ4BSM

          • wy1u
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 6, 2010
              **** See messages 2270 and 2272. -Tim WY1U

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kj4feq@..." <kj4feq@...> wrote:

              > Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.
              >
              > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@> wrote:
              > >
              > > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
              > > talking, and another to release the PTT.
              > > Have not heard of a hot key.

            • Klaus
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
                It is possible to overcome the problem with external PTT control in following way:
                After DVTools PTT function via spacebar button has been activated, control also is possible by using an EXTERNAL keyboard additionally. So for PTT control you can either simply add a switch in parallel to it's space button or ( much more elegant ) by simulating same function with using a small microcontroller circuit. I did it by using an ATTINY45 processor together with one of those cheap PS/2 to USB adaptors.

                Klaus, DJ7OO