DVTool PTT Button

  • kj4feq@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2010
      I was looking in the DVTool menu's and can't seem to find a quick key for PTT. I have to click it with the mouse.

      Is there a way to bind a key to the PTT?

      The DVTool software and DVDongle works great. I Love it.

      Mike - KJ4FEQ
    • nhorv
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2010
        Mike.

        You put a check mark in the box next to the PTT, and you'll just have to click it and let go of the mouse.

        Once you are done speaking, click it again and that is that.

        That is how I use my dongle.

        73,  Nick
        KJ4BSM

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
          Not really an answer to the OP question. He wants to program a hot key so that he does not have to use the mouse. ie. the old version could use an f key or spacebar I think. I would like this as well because I can just hover my finger over a key on the keyboard that does not move around when bumped or touched like a mouse/curser.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
            Hi ?????.

            The old version did not have an F key for PTT. Both the old version and the new version can use the space key for PTT after you have clicked once on the PTT to give it focus.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "enjoyit2day" <enjoyit2day@...> wrote:

            > Not really an answer to the OP question. He wants to program a hot key so that he does not have to use the mouse. ie. the old version could use an f key or spacebar I think. I would like this as well because I can just hover my finger over a key on the keyboard that does not move around when bumped or touched like a mouse/curser.
            >
            > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Mike.
            > >
            > > You put a check mark in the box next to the PTT, and you'll just have to
            > > click it and let go of the mouse.
            > >
            > > Once you are done speaking, click it again and that is that.
            > >
            > > That is how I use my dongle.
            > >
            > > 73, Nick
            > > KJ4BSM

          • Adrian
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
              In 2B4, I find that when I click the ptt, and leave the pointer over the ptt,
              I can then use the spacebar to toggle ptt with no problem.

              vk4tux
            • nhorv
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2010
                That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start talking, and another to release the PTT.
                Have not heard of a hot key.

              • kj4feq@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
                  Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.

                  --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@...> wrote:

                  > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
                  > talking, and another to release the PTT.
                  > Have not heard of a hot key.

                • Mel Whitten
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
                    PTT same as HF DV's FDMDV and Windrm.  :-)  Great!
                    Mel
                    k0pfx

                    The old version did not have an F key for PTT. Both the old version and the new version can use the space key for PTT after you have clicked once on the PTT to give it focus.

                    --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "enjoyit2day" <enjoyit2day@ ...> wrote:

                    > Not really an answer to the OP question. He wants to program a hot key so that he does not have to use the mouse. ie. the old version could use an f key or spacebar I think. I would like this as well because I can just hover my finger over a key on the keyboard that does not move around when bumped or touched like a mouse/curser.
                    >
                    > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@ > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Mike.
                    > >
                    > > You put a check mark in the box next to the PTT, and you'll just have to
                    > > click it and let go of the mouse.
                    > >
                    > > Once you are done speaking, click it again and that is that.
                    > >
                    > > That is how I use my dongle.
                    > >
                    > > 73, Nick
                    > > KJ4BSM

                  • wy1u
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 6, 2010
                      **** See messages 2270 and 2272. -Tim WY1U

                      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "kj4feq@..." <kj4feq@...> wrote:

                      > Yes the idea came from echo link. I like the idea of a key different than the mouse.
                      >
                      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "nhorv" <NHorv75597@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > That sounds like EchoLink to me. I have no problem with one click to start
                      > > talking, and another to release the PTT.
                      > > Have not heard of a hot key.

                    • Klaus
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 12, 2010
                        It is possible to overcome the problem with external PTT control in following way:
                        After DVTools PTT function via spacebar button has been activated, control also is possible by using an EXTERNAL keyboard additionally. So for PTT control you can either simply add a switch in parallel to it's space button or ( much more elegant ) by simulating same function with using a small microcontroller circuit. I did it by using an ATTINY45 processor together with one of those cheap PS/2 to USB adaptors.

                        Klaus, DJ7OO