Re: dv dongle

  • ldanna1945
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
      Another question from New DV dongle user (ME).
      Unit works on home network but not here at my office. No drop down gateway list. What ports need to be open for this to work and do I need to forward them to my computer?

      Thanks

      LArry
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
        Hi Larry. It sounds like your company is blocking the ports used by DVTool. You should never need to forward ports but, if they are blocked, you will have to ask them to unblock them. Have them unblock ports 20001-20005 both TCP and UDP.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ldanna1945" <ldanna@...> wrote:

        > Another question from New DV dongle user (ME).
        > Unit works on home network but not here at my office. No drop down gateway list. What ports need to be open for this to work and do I need to forward them to my computer?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > LArry

      • George L. Fluck
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010