Re: [Dongle] Re: dv dongle

  • Don
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2010
      I downloaded it a little while ago and have it working .Of course it would have worked if I had my mike ect hooked up  I wanted to see about all the settings I needed to look up on the net .Before I transmitted a sig out in the boondocks Hooked up the mike and a little messing around and its going
       thank you
      don w8zrz 73

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2010
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2010
          Hi Don. Please try the latest beta of version 2.0 of DVTool. Just download and run:

          http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4.exe

          That should work better for you.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "skydogtwo" <don.h@...> wrote:

          > just bought a dv dongal and cant get the software to play (dvtools) I am running a vista machine,the dongal comes on board green LED blinks ( but slow ) but cant get the software to play.I downloaded the latest Java update this did nt help at all I never got the wizzard to play as in the instructions help
          > Don w8zrz in cold ohio
          > tnx 73

        • Woodrick, Ed
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 26, 2010

            The crowd all chants…..

            Release the software

            Release the software

            Release the software

            ….

            Hi Don. Please try the latest beta of version 2.0 of DVTool. Just download and run:

            http://opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta4.exe

            That should work better for you.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "skydogtwo" <don.h@...> wrote:

            > just bought a dv dongal and cant get the software to play (dvtools) I am running a vista machine,the dongal comes on board green LED blinks ( but slow ) but cant get the software to play.I downloaded the latest Java update this did nt help at all I never got the wizzard to play as in the instructions help
            > Don w8zrz in cold ohio
            > tnx 73

          • nhorv
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 26, 2010
              Don
              Google DVTool. Download DVTool2.0beta4. Very easy to use. Just set up your sound card in the drop down menu.
              I use a head set with a boom mike. No problems.

              73,  Nick
              KJ4BSM

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
                Another question from New DV dongle user (ME).
                Unit works on home network but not here at my office. No drop down gateway list. What ports need to be open for this to work and do I need to forward them to my computer?

                Thanks

                LArry
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
                  Hi Larry. It sounds like your company is blocking the ports used by DVTool. You should never need to forward ports but, if they are blocked, you will have to ask them to unblock them. Have them unblock ports 20001-20005 both TCP and UDP.

                  --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ldanna1945" <ldanna@...> wrote:

                  > Another question from New DV dongle user (ME).
                  > Unit works on home network but not here at my office. No drop down gateway list. What ports need to be open for this to work and do I need to forward them to my computer?
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > LArry

                • George L. Fluck
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010