RE: [DVDongle] GMT/UTC

  • Woodrick, Ed
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2010

      Which works great when things are in UTC, but works miserably for items that are scheduled in local time.

      A net that occurs “after dinner”, “during morning rush hour”, “at 9PM” are specifically scheduled at local time. The Southeastern Weather Net is ALWAYS 9PM ET. It’s always at the 9PM that my watch shows. Sometimes that might be at 0100 UTC, others 0200 UTC.

      We just have to always be cognizant that we live in a world with different time zones. And with different daylight saving times. No one solution is going to fit everyone.

      Ed WA4YIH