RE: [DVDongle] Re: [k6mdd] World Wide DV-AP Net

  • Dave Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2010

      For those of us who do not understand the USA  time zones can we have that in UTC please.

      DAVE (2W0RUH)

      Barry Amateur Radio Club Member.

      Member of South Glamorgan RAYNET.

      GB7CD Administrator.

      http://www.2w0ruh.me.uk

      Confidentiality Notice: The information in this document is confidential. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately and delete this document. The contents on this document must not be disclosed to any other person nor may any copies be taken.  Whilst all attachments and out going mail is scanned for viruses, I take no responsibility for any virus so transmitted.

      Security Warning: This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. All liability for any claims arising as a result of using this medium to transmit information by us or to us is excluded to the extent permitted by law.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21, 2010
        According to the "World Clock" in my iPhone, UTC is +8 hours today from our Local time.

        That would make it 0200 UTC  I think today.

        From what has been said about UTC shifting, I think the UTC time will change to a different time when we go to DST, but I have no idea what that will be.

        Tim

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ____

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21, 2010
          At 03:57 AM 2/22/2010, you wrote:

          >According to the "World Clock" in my iPhone, UTC is +8 hours today
          >from our Local time.
          >
          >That would make it 0200 UTC I think today.

          Correct.

          > From what has been said about UTC shifting, I think the UTC time
          > will change to a different time when we go to DST, but I have no
          > idea what that will be.

          Your offset will change to UTC-7 sometime in March, and as I
          explained the other day, therein lies the biggest problem for a
          "global net", the way you had put it. :)

          73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com
        • Mark Krotz
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2010
            Pacific time is -8 UTC when it is not Daylight Savings Time. If it was midnite UTC, it would be 4:00PM PST.

            Pacific time is -7 UTC when it is Daylight Savings Time. So if it were midnite UTC, it would be 5:00PM PDT.

            UTC does not shift.. your local time shifts in relation to UTC (or GMT).

            Daylight Saving Time is in effect in most (not all) of the US from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.

            Tim Barrett wrote:

            > According to the "World Clock" in my iPhone, UTC is +8 hours today from
            > our Local time.
            >
            > That would make it 0200 UTC I think today.
            >
            > From what has been said about UTC shifting, I think the UTC time will
            > change to a different time when we go to DST, but I have no idea what
            > that will be.
            >
            > Tim
            >
            > On Feb 20, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Dave Thomas wrote:
            >

            >> For those of us who do not understand the USA time zones can we have
            >> that in UTC please.

          • Tim Barrett
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2010
              If Larry wants to have the DV-AP World Wide Net after Oreilly on Fox News and that show stays the same time Local, which it starts at 5:00PM and is over at 6:00PM, it would appear to me the problem is UTC or GMT.

              How do we get them to change and align themselves to Oreilly?

              I think I am beginning to see the problem.

              Thanks,

              Tim