Netbook install?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2010
      Ok. I've searched the messages for a solution to installing the software on an Acer netbook running WinXP. The problem is that the netbook's 1024 x 600 display chops off the bottom portion of the screen (where the PTT button resides).

      There's a 1-1/2-yr-old thread discussing the issue, but no confirmed solution is apparent. Max display resolution is 1024 x 600, so increasing that is not an option.

      What's the scoop?

      Cheers,

      Tom, KC5UN
      Fort Payne, AL
    • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010

        The current Beta release fits in the Netbook window. You might have to push it up to show the bottom line, but there's room. Though Robin is calling it a beta, it's the recommended version to run today.

        It's:
        DVTool-2.0beta4.exe
        available at:
        http://opendstar.org/tools/

        73,
        Gary KN4AQ

        At 06:35 PM 2/8/2010, Tom wrote:
          Ok. I've searched the messages for a solution to installing the software on an Acer netbook running WinXP. The problem is that the netbook's 1024 x 600 display chops off the bottom portion of the screen (where the PTT button resides).

        There's a 1-1/2-yr-old thread discussing the issue, but no confirmed solution is apparent. Max display resolution is 1024 x 600, so increasing that is not an option.

        What's the scoop?

        Cheers,

        Tom, KC5UN
        Fort Payne, AL