dongle with mac snow leopard osx (10.6)

  • lj38spcl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2010
      Greetings,

      I just got a new Apple laptop with ver. 10.6 OSX and I get a message that the DV Dongle is not connected.Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any Suggestions?

      Thanks and 73
      Larry K4EB
    • Michael Skinner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
        Larry,

        You need to have the FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_14.dmg driver loaded before you install and run the DVTool.app. (2.0beta2)  This app works fine with Snow Leopard.  One issue that you will find, if you want to us a headset mic, is that the Mac does not have a ext mic plug, only a line in plug.  You can use a a "imic" usb headset adapter with no problem.

        Mike   KCØLNO
        Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Radio Association. WØTLM

      • kc0lno
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "lj38spcl" <lj38spcl@...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > I just got a new Apple laptop with ver. 10.6 OSX and I get a message that the DV Dongle is not connected.Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any Suggestions?
          >
          > Thanks and 73
          > Larry K4EB

          Larry,

          You need to have the FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_14.dmg driver loaded before you install and run the DVTool.app. (2.0beta2) This app works fine with Snow Leopard. One issue that you will find, if you want to us a headset mic, is that the Mac does not have a ext mic plug, only a line in plug. You can use a a "imic" usb headset adapter with no problem.

          Mike KCØLNO
          Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Radio Association. WØTLM
        • John Sobkowicz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2010
            Larry,

            I'm running the same system with no problems.  Do you have the latest FTDI driver and DVTool tarball?  See instructions towards the bottom of:

            John

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2010
              Work great on iMac 27 inch and macbookpro laptop. That error message usually means you haven't installed the drivers. FTDIUSBSerialDrive10_6_v2_2_14

              Try unpluging dv dongle, quit the dvtool, then install. If it still fails, maybe do a restart first, in case there is a process that failed.

              alex - va6aly