Recording

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2008
      I am enjoying my DV Dongle very much. I have some questions about
      compressiong when recording.

      When recording to a file, is the data stream AMBE compressed?

      73,
      Mark N5RFX
    • William Stillwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2008

        The recorded dvtool files are 90% identical to the udp datastream to the dplus deamon on a gatway.

        The ambe packets, and 3 data bytes are all in the dvtool file., including header, etc.