Re: question# 2about not working..

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22 5:55 PM
      Just a possible different combo, I'm using my computer's sound card/
      5.1
      surround speaker system to listen and I just go a new Logitec USB 2.0
      Mic , radio shack has them on sale $ 19.99 and M/S Visa installs it
      automatically -- XP a litte harder to install. I just don't like to
      wear headphones and don't have tpo worry about walking away too
      quickly.

      Steve Kj6jt (D-Star Dongle )

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
      wrote:

      > Robin,
      >
      > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
      if this
      > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
      headset, I can
      > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the
      computer
      > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room
      full of
      > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio
      to the
      > computer speakers when using a USB headset?
      >
      > 73 de Tim, AF1G

      Behalf Of
      > Robin Cutshaw
      > Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:02 AM
      > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..
      >

      > Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
      > audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
      > built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
      > motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.
      >
      > I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
      > Both work well.

      > Checked by AVG.
      3/21/2008
      > 5:52 PM

    • vesterscott
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 23 7:01 PM
        Robin,

        WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.

        Vester N8EKA

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 23 7:53 PM
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vesterscott" <vesterscott@...> wrote:

          > Robin,
          >
          > WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.
          >
          > Vester N8EKA

          The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a newer
          model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well.
          There are several folks using them.

        • vesterscott
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 24 6:15 AM
            Okay. Thanks.

            Saw the Logitech Model 350 on eBay, and it appears to be about the
            same as the current "Logitech Premium Stereo Headset" at Frys and
            Walmart. Significant pricing diferences, though.

            As the Dongle picks up speed, maybe there should be a listing of what
            works/what doesn't in the Files section. Otherwise I'm just going to
            keep asking dumb questions. You've been warned.

            Vester N8EKA