Re: question# 2about not working..

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
      wrote:

      > Robin,
      >
      > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
      if this
      > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard headset,
      I can
      > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer
      > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full
      of
      > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio to
      the
      > computer speakers when using a USB headset?

      Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
      source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

    • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
        Cool, and thanks.  This comes under the heading of "how it works."   ; )

        Tim, AF1G

        > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
        if this
        > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
        headset,
        I can
        > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out
        through the computer
        > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a
        group or room full
        of
        > people as I did at last week's club meeting.
        Can you direct audio to
        the
        > computer speakers when using a USB
        headset?

        Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
        source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
          Just a possible different combo, I'm using my computer's sound card/
          5.1
          surround speaker system to listen and I just go a new Logitec USB 2.0
          Mic , radio shack has them on sale $ 19.99 and M/S Visa installs it
          automatically -- XP a litte harder to install. I just don't like to
          wear headphones and don't have tpo worry about walking away too
          quickly.

          Steve Kj6jt (D-Star Dongle )

          wrote:

          > Robin,
          >
          > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
          if this
          > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
          headset, I can
          > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the
          computer
          > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room
          full of
          > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio
          to the
          > computer speakers when using a USB headset?
          >
          > 73 de Tim, AF1G

          Behalf Of
          > Robin Cutshaw
          > Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:02 AM
          > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..
          >

          > Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
          > audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
          > built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
          > motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.
          >
          > I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
          > Both work well.

          > Checked by AVG.
          3/21/2008
          > 5:52 PM

        • vesterscott
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
            Robin,

            WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.

            Vester N8EKA

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vesterscott" <vesterscott@...> wrote:

              > Robin,
              >
              > WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.
              >
              > Vester N8EKA

              The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a newer
              model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well.
              There are several folks using them.

            • vesterscott
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                Okay. Thanks.

                Saw the Logitech Model 350 on eBay, and it appears to be about the
                same as the current "Logitech Premium Stereo Headset" at Frys and
                Walmart. Significant pricing diferences, though.

                As the Dongle picks up speed, maybe there should be a listing of what
                works/what doesn't in the Files section. Otherwise I'm just going to
                keep asking dumb questions. You've been warned.

                Vester N8EKA