Re: question# 2about not working..

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@...> wrote:

      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
      > >

      > Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all works
      > fine now.
      >
      > Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
      > recommendations???
      >
      > Thanks for the replies....
      >
      > Mike
      > 73

      Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
      audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
      built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
      motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.

      I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
      Both work well.

    • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
        Robin,

        I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know if this is a limitation or not.  When using a conventional soundcard headset, I can unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full of people as I did at last week's club meeting.  Can you direct audio to the computer speakers when using a USB headset?

        73 de Tim, AF1G

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
          wrote:

          > Robin,
          >
          > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
          if this
          > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard headset,
          I can
          > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer
          > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full
          of
          > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio to
          the
          > computer speakers when using a USB headset?

          Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
          source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

        • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
            Cool, and thanks.  This comes under the heading of "how it works."   ; )

            Tim, AF1G

            > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
            if this
            > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
            headset,
            I can
            > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out
            through the computer
            > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a
            group or room full
            of
            > people as I did at last week's club meeting.
            Can you direct audio to
            the
            > computer speakers when using a USB
            headset?

            Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
            source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

          • Steve
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
              Just a possible different combo, I'm using my computer's sound card/
              5.1
              surround speaker system to listen and I just go a new Logitec USB 2.0
              Mic , radio shack has them on sale $ 19.99 and M/S Visa installs it
              automatically -- XP a litte harder to install. I just don't like to
              wear headphones and don't have tpo worry about walking away too
              quickly.

              Steve Kj6jt (D-Star Dongle )

              wrote:

              > Robin,
              >
              > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
              if this
              > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
              headset, I can
              > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the
              computer
              > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room
              full of
              > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio
              to the
              > computer speakers when using a USB headset?
              >
              > 73 de Tim, AF1G

              Behalf Of
              > Robin Cutshaw
              > Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:02 AM
              > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..
              >

              > Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
              > audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
              > built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
              > motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.
              >
              > I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
              > Both work well.

              > Checked by AVG.
              3/21/2008
              > 5:52 PM

            • vesterscott
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                Robin,

                WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.

                Vester N8EKA

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                  --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vesterscott" <vesterscott@...> wrote:

                  > Robin,
                  >
                  > WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.
                  >
                  > Vester N8EKA

                  The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a newer
                  model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well.
                  There are several folks using them.

                • vesterscott
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                    Okay. Thanks.

                    Saw the Logitech Model 350 on eBay, and it appears to be about the
                    same as the current "Logitech Premium Stereo Headset" at Frys and
                    Walmart. Significant pricing diferences, though.

                    As the Dongle picks up speed, maybe there should be a listing of what
                    works/what doesn't in the Files section. Otherwise I'm just going to
                    keep asking dumb questions. You've been warned.

                    Vester N8EKA