Re: question# 2about not working..

  • wolobmp
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008

      Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all works
      fine now.

      Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
      recommendations???

      Thanks for the replies....

      Mike
      73
      > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > Looked at the device and did download the driver....here is the
      info
      > > obtained from the device manager....FTDI....driver version is
      2.4.6.0.

      > > I am still getting cannot exec ambe server as the message. The
      green
      > > led is blinking slowly. I am not sure what else I need to do.
      Again

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@...> wrote:

        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
        > >

        > Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all works
        > fine now.
        >
        > Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
        > recommendations???
        >
        > Thanks for the replies....
        >
        > Mike
        > 73

        Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
        audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
        built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
        motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.

        I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
        Both work well.

      • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
          Robin,

          I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know if this is a limitation or not.  When using a conventional soundcard headset, I can unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full of people as I did at last week's club meeting.  Can you direct audio to the computer speakers when using a USB headset?

          73 de Tim, AF1G

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
            wrote:

            > Robin,
            >
            > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
            if this
            > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard headset,
            I can
            > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer
            > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full
            of
            > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio to
            the
            > computer speakers when using a USB headset?

            Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
            source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

          • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
              Cool, and thanks.  This comes under the heading of "how it works."   ; )

              Tim, AF1G

              > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
              if this
              > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
              headset,
              I can
              > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out
              through the computer
              > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a
              group or room full
              of
              > people as I did at last week's club meeting.
              Can you direct audio to
              the
              > computer speakers when using a USB
              headset?

              Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
              source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

            • Steve
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
                Just a possible different combo, I'm using my computer's sound card/
                5.1
                surround speaker system to listen and I just go a new Logitec USB 2.0
                Mic , radio shack has them on sale $ 19.99 and M/S Visa installs it
                automatically -- XP a litte harder to install. I just don't like to
                wear headphones and don't have tpo worry about walking away too
                quickly.

                Steve Kj6jt (D-Star Dongle )

                wrote:

                > Robin,
                >
                > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
                if this
                > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
                headset, I can
                > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the
                computer
                > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room
                full of
                > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio
                to the
                > computer speakers when using a USB headset?
                >
                > 73 de Tim, AF1G

                Behalf Of
                > Robin Cutshaw
                > Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:02 AM
                > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..
                >

                > Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
                > audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
                > built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
                > motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.
                >
                > I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
                > Both work well.

                > Checked by AVG.
                3/21/2008
                > 5:52 PM

              • vesterscott
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                  Robin,

                  WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.

                  Vester N8EKA

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                    --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vesterscott" <vesterscott@...> wrote:

                    > Robin,
                    >
                    > WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.
                    >
                    > Vester N8EKA

                    The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a newer
                    model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well.
                    There are several folks using them.

                  • vesterscott
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                      Okay. Thanks.

                      Saw the Logitech Model 350 on eBay, and it appears to be about the
                      same as the current "Logitech Premium Stereo Headset" at Frys and
                      Walmart. Significant pricing diferences, though.

                      As the Dongle picks up speed, maybe there should be a listing of what
                      works/what doesn't in the Files section. Otherwise I'm just going to
                      keep asking dumb questions. You've been warned.

                      Vester N8EKA