DV Dongle TX

  • Jerome Lofton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2009

      What is the upcoming DV Dongle TX ?

      Jerome Lofton
      WD4CWG

    • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2009
        At 08:33 AM 12/21/2009, Jerome Lofton wrote:

         What is the upcoming DV Dongle TX ?

        Jerome Lofton
        WD4CWG

        At Dayton, Robin showed a prototype of a DV Dongle with a very low power transmitter (and a cute little rubber duck) that would let you monitor D-STAR activity from the Internet around your house with your D-STAR HT (the output was D-STAR digital - no conversion to analog).

        At that time he was working on a receiver for the device to make it what is generally referred to as a "hot spot." (He's not using that phrase, as it's already in use for another, similar product. I think it's calling it a DVDongle Access Point. He politely declined my suggestion of "Dongy-Talky"). That will let you use your D-STAR HT to make a two-way link to Gateway connected repeaters for a short distance around the device via your Internet connection, with full control via the HT's usual four call sign fields.

        He hasn't announced the product yet. I talked to him at a hamfest last September and he was making good progress at that time.

        73,
        Gary KN4AQ

        ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
        Gary Pearce KN4AQ
        508 Spencer Crest Ct.
        Cary, NC 27513
        kn4aq@...
        919-380-9944
        www.ARVideoNews.com

      • kb9mwr
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
          http://kb9mwr.blogspot.com/2009/01/satoshi-7m3tjzs-d-star-node-and-dv.html

          So it already exists. What I'd like to see is a hybrid version, where there is also ability to deal with the AMBE audio.