Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: question# 2about not working..

Expand Messages
  • Robin Cutshaw
    ... I ... the ... the ... The cannot exec message is usually due to not having the jar file in the same folder as the ascpseriald.exe file. Make sure you
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 21, 2008
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > Looked at the device and did download the driver....here is the info
      I
      > obtained from the device manager....FTDI....driver version is 2.4.6.0.
      >
      > I am still getting cannot exec ambe server as the message. The green
      > led is blinking slowly. I am not sure what else I need to do. Again
      the
      > system here win vista and I tried to remove the program re-install
      the
      > program, but that didnt do anything.
      >

      The "cannot exec" message is usually due to not having the jar file in
      the same folder as the ascpseriald.exe file. Make sure you follow the
      installation instructions exactly as listed. The DVTool-dist.zip file
      includes the DVTool folder that should be extracted in it's entirety to
      your desktop (e.g. you should have a DVTool folder on your desktop).
      When you double click on the folder, it should open an explorer windows
      showing the contents. Double click on the dvtool.bat file.

      73,
      Robin
      AA4RC
    • wolobmp
      ... Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all works fine now. Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@...> wrote:
        >


        Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all works
        fine now.

        Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
        recommendations???

        Thanks for the replies....

        Mike
        73
        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > Looked at the device and did download the driver....here is the
        info
        > I
        > > obtained from the device manager....FTDI....driver version is
        2.4.6.0.
        > >
        > > I am still getting cannot exec ambe server as the message. The
        green
        > > led is blinking slowly. I am not sure what else I need to do.
        Again
        > the
        > > system here win vista and I tried to remove the program re-
        install
        > the
        > > program, but that didnt do anything.
        > >
        >
        > The "cannot exec" message is usually due to not having the jar file
        in
        > the same folder as the ascpseriald.exe file. Make sure you follow
        the
        > installation instructions exactly as listed. The DVTool-dist.zip
        file
        > includes the DVTool folder that should be extracted in it's
        entirety to
        > your desktop (e.g. you should have a DVTool folder on your
        desktop).
        > When you double click on the folder, it should open an explorer
        windows
        > showing the contents. Double click on the dvtool.bat file.
        >
        > 73,
        > Robin
        > AA4RC
        >
      • Robin Cutshaw
        ... Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the built in sound card
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@...> wrote:
          >
          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
          > >
          >
          >
          > Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all works
          > fine now.
          >
          > Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
          > recommendations???
          >
          > Thanks for the replies....
          >
          > Mike
          > 73

          Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
          audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
          built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
          motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.

          I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
          Both work well.

          73,
          Robin
          AA4RC
        • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
          Robin, I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don t know if this is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard headset, I can
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
            Robin,
             
            I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know if this is a limitation or not.  When using a conventional soundcard headset, I can unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full of people as I did at last week's club meeting.  Can you direct audio to the computer speakers when using a USB headset?
             
            73 de Tim, AF1G
             
             
            -----Original Message-----
            From: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DVDongle@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Robin Cutshaw
            Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:02 AM
            To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..


            Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
            audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
            built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
            motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.

            I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
            Both work well.

            73,
            Robin
            AA4RC

          • Robin Cutshaw
            ... if this ... I can ... of ... the ... Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
              wrote:
              >
              > Robin,
              >
              > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
              if this
              > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard headset,
              I can
              > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the computer
              > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room full
              of
              > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio to
              the
              > computer speakers when using a USB headset?
              >

              Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
              source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

              73,
              Robin
              AA4RC
            • Tim Hardy (AF1G)
              Cool, and thanks. This comes under the heading of how it works. ; ) Tim, AF1G ... From: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DVDongle@yahoogroups.com]On
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
                Cool, and thanks.  This comes under the heading of "how it works."   ; )
                 
                Tim, AF1G
                 
                -----Original Message-----
                From: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DVDongle@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Robin Cutshaw
                Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:22 AM
                To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroup s.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
                wrote:

                >
                > Robin,
                >
                > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
                if this
                > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
                headset,
                I can
                > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out
                through the computer
                > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a
                group or room full
                of
                > people as I did at last week's club meeting.
                Can you direct audio to
                the
                > computer speakers when using a USB
                headset?
                >

                Hi Tim. You should be able to select both the input and output audio
                source from the DVTool audio selection boxes.

                73,
                Robin
                AA4RC

              • Steve
                Just a possible different combo, I m using my computer s sound card/ 5.1 surround speaker system to listen and I just go a new Logitec USB 2.0 Mic , radio
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 22, 2008
                  Just a possible different combo, I'm using my computer's sound card/
                  5.1
                  surround speaker system to listen and I just go a new Logitec USB 2.0
                  Mic , radio shack has them on sale $ 19.99 and M/S Visa installs it
                  automatically -- XP a litte harder to install. I just don't like to
                  wear headphones and don't have tpo worry about walking away too
                  quickly.

                  Steve Kj6jt (D-Star Dongle )


                  --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hardy \(AF1G\)" <hardyt@...>
                  wrote:
                  >
                  > Robin,
                  >
                  > I have never used a USB headset/boom mic combo before so don't know
                  if this
                  > is a limitation or not. When using a conventional soundcard
                  headset, I can
                  > unplug the headphones and have the audio come out through the
                  computer
                  > speakers, which is useful when demonstrating to a group or room
                  full of
                  > people as I did at last week's club meeting. Can you direct audio
                  to the
                  > computer speakers when using a USB headset?
                  >
                  > 73 de Tim, AF1G
                  >
                  >
                  > -----Original Message-----
                  > From: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DVDongle@yahoogroups.com]On
                  Behalf Of
                  > Robin Cutshaw
                  > Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:02 AM
                  > To: DVDongle@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [DVDongle] Re: question# 2about not working..
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
                  > audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
                  > built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so many
                  > motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.
                  >
                  > I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
                  > Both work well.
                  >
                  > 73,
                  > Robin
                  > AA4RC
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > No virus found in this outgoing message.
                  > Checked by AVG.
                  > Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1338 - Release Date:
                  3/21/2008
                  > 5:52 PM
                  >
                • vesterscott
                  Robin, WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx. Vester N8EKA ... works ... many
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                    Robin,

                    WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.

                    Vester N8EKA

                    --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "wolobmp" <wolobmp@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > Hello, I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and all
                    works
                    > > fine now.
                    > >
                    > > Question.....any particular mic works better then others? Any
                    > > recommendations???
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for the replies....
                    > >
                    > > Mike
                    > > 73
                    >
                    > Hi Mike. The Logitech USB headset works very well. It has great
                    > audio and the fact that it is USB based helps since that locks the
                    > built in sound card clock to a fixed frequency. We have seen so
                    many
                    > motherboard soundcard implementations that are way off frequency.
                    >
                    > I use both a Logitech USB headset and a Heil headset for testing.
                    > Both work well.
                    >
                    > 73,
                    > Robin
                    > AA4RC
                    >
                  • Robin Cutshaw
                    ... The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a newer model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well. There are several
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 23, 2008
                      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vesterscott" <vesterscott@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Robin,
                      >
                      > WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.
                      >
                      > Vester N8EKA
                      >

                      The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a newer
                      model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well.
                      There are several folks using them.

                      73,
                      Robin
                      AA4RC
                    • vesterscott
                      Okay. Thanks. Saw the Logitech Model 350 on eBay, and it appears to be about the same as the current Logitech Premium Stereo Headset at Frys and Walmart.
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 24, 2008
                        Okay. Thanks.

                        Saw the Logitech Model 350 on eBay, and it appears to be about the
                        same as the current "Logitech Premium Stereo Headset" at Frys and
                        Walmart. Significant pricing diferences, though.

                        As the Dongle picks up speed, maybe there should be a listing of what
                        works/what doesn't in the Files section. Otherwise I'm just going to
                        keep asking dumb questions. You've been warned.

                        Vester N8EKA


                        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Cutshaw" <aa4rc@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "vesterscott" <vesterscott@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Robin,
                        > >
                        > > WHICH Logitech USB headset? They have several of them. Tnx.
                        > >
                        > > Vester N8EKA
                        > >
                        >
                        > The headset I use (model 350 I think) has been replaced with a
                        newer
                        > model. I think any of the Logitech USB headsets should work well.
                        > There are several folks using them.
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > Robin
                        > AA4RC
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.