Re: [DVDongle] Newbie question - mobile

  • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2009
      At 09:49 AM 12/10/2009, rvbcave wrote:
      Does anyone use the DV Dongle mobile?

      Yes. I use the Dongle while driving (mostly while RIDING) on an Acer Netbook using a Verizon air card and a USB headset. Works well.

      73,
      Gary KN4AQ

      ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
      Gary Pearce KN4AQ
      508 Spencer Crest Ct.
      Cary, NC 27513
      kn4aq@...
      919-380-9944
      www.ARVideoNews.com

    • Tony Langdon
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2009
        At 08:42 AM 12/20/2009, you wrote:

        >At 09:49 AM 12/10/2009, rvbcave wrote:
        >>Does anyone use the DV Dongle mobile?
        >
        >Yes. I use the Dongle while driving (mostly while RIDING) on an Acer
        >Netbook using a Verizon air card and a USB headset. Works well.

        I have used mine on a train. :)

        73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
        http://vkradio.com
      • Neil
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2009
          Has anyone (in the UK) actually managed to surf the web, let alone use a dongle via 'mobile broadband' without interruptions over here while moving?
          I cannot even download a small file to my phone, in my own house, unless I stand perfectly still in the 'right' place.

          We may have faster speeds, but the throughput and consistency is useless here in the UK!

          73 de Neil G7EBY.