DVTools Version

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2009
      Where can I find the most recent version of DVTools for the iMac snow leopard OS and the windows 7 OS??
    • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2009
        At 02:34 AM 12/19/2009, John wrote:
        Where can I find the most recent version of DVTools for the iMac snow leopard OS and the windows 7 OS??

        Everything is at:  http://www.opendstar.org/tools/

        73,
        Gary KN4AQ

        ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
        Gary Pearce KN4AQ
        508 Spencer Crest Ct.
        Cary, NC 27513
        kn4aq@...
        919-380-9944
        www.ARVideoNews.com

      • John Sobkowicz
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2009
          John

          I believe Robin is still working on a version of DVTools for Snow Leopard.  I think there was an issue with the FTDI driver.  On September 22, he posted the following:

          ******quote*******

          A Mac version of DVTool will be released as soon as I can figure out the FTDI driver bug that I'm hitting. Versions for Linux other than Centos will also be released. The Linux version does not work on Fedora as of yet, only Centos.

          ********end quote********

          You can get a version that "sort of" works - follow these instructions from Robin:

          *******quote**********

          Simply follow the instructions on the dvdongle.com site by downloading and installing the FTDI drivers and then extract the DVTool zip file onto your desktop so you have a DVTool folder there. Then go into the DVTool folder and double-click on the "dvtool" file (not dvtool.jar).

          *******end quote********

          I've tried this version, and it works for a while, and then jams.  I also noticed Tim reported the following back in very early September (which I haven't tried yet):

          *******quote***********

          Hello All:

          This morning I found that FTDI had a new driver 2.2.14 dated Aug 28, 2009. This update had a specific driver for Snow Leopard which I installed on August 28, 2009 as it was released.

          Robin had indicated he thought there was a problem with the FTDI stuff and I think he was building a work around.

          I am pleased to report I have been running the Dongle for about ten hours now with NO LOCKUP..

          I have Snow Leopard running on a Mac Pro with the latest FTDI driver..

          *********end quote************

          So, you could try to download the most recent FTDI driver and then follow the other instructions on the dvdongle.com site.  Let us know how it works for you.

          Cheers,

          John (GeoEng51)

          On 2009-12-19, at 12:34 AM, John wrote:

          Where can I find the most recent version of DVTools for the iMac snow leopard OS and the windows 7 OS??

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2009
            JOHN/N0MEQ

            Try the following url and sellect the "Tools" hyperlink.

            http://www.opendstar.org/

            All the updated DV-Dongle files are listed there by Robin C.

            Mike
            KF4UPO