How to visualize GPS position data shown in data window of DVTOOL

  • Klaus
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2009
      By using GOOGLE EARTH it's quite simple, to visualize GPS position data received from other stations and shown in data window of DVTOOL.

      My following page is decribing how this can be done:
      http://www.kh-gps.de/dongle.htm

      Klaus, DJ7OO
    • Adrian
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2009
        On 12/18/2009 11:06 PM, Klaus wrote:

        By using GOOGLE EARTH it's quite simple, to visualize GPS position data received from other stations and shown in data window of DVTOOL.

        My following page is decribing how this can be done:
        http://www.kh- gps.de/dongle. htm

        Klaus, DJ7OO

        Another method of course is using D-Rats map view, which is seamless, i.e: without string modification/edit required.

         I use the java 1.10b5 DVTool in fedora 12, but of course d-rats porting is available in 2.0beta* latest DVTool versions;

        http://vk4tux.no-ip.org/gps.jpg

        vk4tux

      • Dan Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2009
          > By using GOOGLE EARTH it's quite simple, to visualize GPS position
          > data received from other stations and shown in data window of DVTOOL.
          >

          > My following page is decribing how this can be done:
          > http://www.kh-gps.de/dongle.htm

          You should be able to use D-RATS as well, right?

          --
          Dan Smith
          dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/