Re: [DVDongle] Newbie question on data dapabilities of the DV Dongle

  • W1DYS
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
      rvbcave wrote:
      > First pardon my ignorance. I am looking in to purchasing a DV DONGLE. My question is thus: Does the DV Dongle offer all of the data capabilities of D-Star? Things like messaging, d*Chat, D-Starlet, and D-Rats? Does anyone use the DV Dongle mobile?

      I have successfully used D-RATS (0.3.1b5) with the DV-Dongle. Only the
      D-RATS beta versions support the dongle at this time, IIRC -
      http://www.d-rats.com/download/beta/. I have not tried d*Chat or D-Starlet.

      Tony w1dys
    • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2009
        At 09:49 AM 12/10/2009, rvbcave wrote:
        Does anyone use the DV Dongle mobile?

        Yes. I use the Dongle while driving (mostly while RIDING) on an Acer Netbook using a Verizon air card and a USB headset. Works well.

        73,
        Gary KN4AQ

        ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
        Gary Pearce KN4AQ
        508 Spencer Crest Ct.
        Cary, NC 27513
        kn4aq@...
        919-380-9944
        www.ARVideoNews.com

      • Tony Langdon
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2009
          At 08:42 AM 12/20/2009, you wrote:

          >At 09:49 AM 12/10/2009, rvbcave wrote:
          >>Does anyone use the DV Dongle mobile?
          >
          >Yes. I use the Dongle while driving (mostly while RIDING) on an Acer
          >Netbook using a Verizon air card and a USB headset. Works well.

          I have used mine on a train. :)

          73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com
        • Neil
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 21, 2009
            Has anyone (in the UK) actually managed to surf the web, let alone use a dongle via 'mobile broadband' without interruptions over here while moving?
            I cannot even download a small file to my phone, in my own house, unless I stand perfectly still in the 'right' place.

            We may have faster speeds, but the throughput and consistency is useless here in the UK!

            73 de Neil G7EBY.