Re: Dv-Dongle on Hughes-net Satilite

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
      Hi Mike. Unfortunately, you probably won't get it to work with the Hughes service. The problem is that the modem buffers packets and sends when it has a time slot, thereby clustering the packets. I plan to test some pacing functionality soon but, for now, your service probably won't work.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ke4dzu@..." <ke4dzu@...> wrote:

      > Hello to the group: Are there any users successfully using the "Dongle" on a Hughes Satilite internet link? I was assisting a ham install a "Dongle" with the latest DVTOOL 2.0 Beta4 and we never got it to work on his PC. I tried my laptop with his Dongle on his router and mime would not work either. My laptop tests okay at home after returning from my friends QTH.
      > Any info would be appreciated, Mike

    • Bill Zimmerly
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
        I have and it works just fine on Hughes. (Especially at night! :)
        - Bill