Dv-Dongle on Hughes-net Satilite

  • ke4dzu@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
      Hello to the group: Are there any users successfully using the "Dongle" on a Hughes Satilite internet link? I was assisting a ham install a "Dongle" with the latest DVTOOL 2.0 Beta4 and we never got it to work on his PC. I tried my laptop with his Dongle on his router and mime would not work either. My laptop tests okay at home after returning from my friends QTH.
      Any info would be appreciated, Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
        Hi Mike. Unfortunately, you probably won't get it to work with the Hughes service. The problem is that the modem buffers packets and sends when it has a time slot, thereby clustering the packets. I plan to test some pacing functionality soon but, for now, your service probably won't work.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ke4dzu@..." <ke4dzu@...> wrote:

        > Hello to the group: Are there any users successfully using the "Dongle" on a Hughes Satilite internet link? I was assisting a ham install a "Dongle" with the latest DVTOOL 2.0 Beta4 and we never got it to work on his PC. I tried my laptop with his Dongle on his router and mime would not work either. My laptop tests okay at home after returning from my friends QTH.
        > Any info would be appreciated, Mike

      • Bill Zimmerly
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
          I have and it works just fine on Hughes. (Especially at night! :)
          - Bill