Dongle with Snow Leopard

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009
      I just installed the dongle on a iMac with Core2 Intel and Snow Leopard. It generally will work for a while and then stop with a stream of "audio output buffer empty" messages on the console. (see below).

      I am running version 13 of the Java code. Anyone else seen this and found a fix?

      Jim
      WB4HYY

      mixer No details available max input buf size 3200
      mixer Software mixer and synthesizer max output buf size 3200
      ascpio socket control datagram received
      ASCPSocket changed from CONNECTWAIT to CONNECTED
      sending ambe packet len 4
      sending ambe packet len 4
      sending ambe packet len 5
      sending ambe packet len 5
      Connecting to gateway REF002
      ascpio socket control datagram received
      ASCPSocket changed from CONNECTWAIT to CONNECTED
      Login OK RW
      Logged into gateway REF002
      sending ambe packet len 5
      facu 3000/3000 tacu 3000/3000 ftau 3000/2994 time -628297212
      audio output buffer empty (delta -22)
      audio output buffer empty (delta -30)
      audio output buffer empty (delta -40)
    • John Sobkowicz
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009
        Jim,

        I've had the same issue - runs for a short while, then stops.  I'm waiting to see an update to the Mac version of the DV Dongle software.

        Cheers,

        John

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 2009
          I'm also having a similar problem. The dongle has the flashing blue light for a while then it stops. It seems that I'm still seeing the call sign data come across though but no audio.

          -Bruce

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2009
            Please be patient. I'm working on the Mac version for the 2.0 release. There is a problem in the toolkit with respect to audio and I'm working on a workaround.

            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, John Sobkowicz <jsobkowicz@...> wrote:

            > Jim,
            >
            > I've had the same issue - runs for a short while, then stops. I'm
            > waiting to see an update to the Mac version of the DV Dongle software.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > John

          • paul glassman
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 10, 2009
              robin,
                 is there a more recent update than 2/4 for windows?
                                          thanks  paul w8jn
              ps i  lost the website for software updates?

              Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
              si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 10, 2009
                Hi Paul. You have the latest. The location for updates is always posted here when the release is made so you can search back through the archives for the announcements.

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, paul glassman <highschooldiving@...> wrote:

                > robin,
                >    is there a more recent update than 2/4 for windows?
                >                             thanks  paul w8jn
                > ps i  lost the website for software updates?
                >

                >  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
                > si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

              • ** N8NOE **
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 10, 2009
                  Robin;
                  I just loaded the Software on a Fresh install of Snow Leopard using the 13" Macbook Pro, Works Fine here. I have been using the BETA-2.0 so really looking forward to the main release. But Just a note it's all FB here, Oh, the OS is 10.6.2 (As of Yesterday)..
                  Thanks!..
                  Jeff-N8NOE
                • JT
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
                    Jeff I am having tx lock up problems, How much ram do you run ? I am thinking we might just need more ram I am running only 2 meg on a 13 macbook 2.4ghz core 2 duo verson 10.6.2