RE: [DVDongle] D-Star on the DROID by Motorola

  • Woodrick, Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009

      Many of the USB connectors on phones are slave devices, not master devices. A PC is a master device and can talk to many slave devices. The DVDongle is a slave device. If the phone’s USB is indeed a slave device, then slave devices can’t talk to slave devices.

      And while the DROID phone is indeed a nice phone, the Windows Mobile Platform and the iPhone platform have had that (or better) hardware specifications for awhile. But again, most phones are USB slave which precludes driving USB devices. A somewhat simple concept is can you plug a USB disk drive into the phone and it recognizes it? Just the plugs themselves keep it from happening.

      Ed WA4YIH