Re: DVTool2.0beta4-linux

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
      Hi Tom. Make sure you have uninstalled the brltty module if it is there. I'll be testing Ubuntu this weekend and report back.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Carpenter" <ki8as@...> wrote:

      > Robin
      >
      > I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10. I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle. Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either. It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > KI8AS

    • Tomc
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
        HI Robin

        Just got through uninstalling britty restarted Ubuntu and ran dvtool and
        still get the error. It does frind the dv dongle now.

        Tom

        tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Desktop
        tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd Ham
        bash: cd: Ham: No such file or directory
        tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ dir
        tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ ls
        tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd /
        tomc@ubuntu:/$ ls
        bin dev host lib lost+found opt sbin sys var
        boot etc initrd.img lib32 media proc selinux tmp
        vmlinuz
        cdrom home initrd.img.old lib64 mnt root srv usr
        vmlinuz.old
        tomc@ubuntu:/$ cd home
        tomc@ubuntu:/home$ ls
        tomc
        tomc@ubuntu:/home$ cd tomc
        tomc@ubuntu:~$ ls
        Desktop examples.desktop Music Public Videos
        Documents Ham Pictures Templates
        tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Ham
        tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ls
        core d-rats-0.3.0 DVTool DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
        tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ./DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
        DVTool version 2.0beta4
        Restored parameters:
        UserCallsign=
        UserMessage=
        DVDevice=
        AudioInDevice=
        AudioOutDevice=
        Gateway=
        Module=A
        FavoriteGW=N
        PTTLock=N
        Style=Windows
        Colors=Default
        FavoriteGWList=
        O/S: Linux
        FTDI serial device ttyUSB0 found (A9004roN)
        NO AUDIO INPUT DEVICES FOUND!
        Module changed to A

        And this is where it stops.