Re: [DVDongle] Re: DVTool2.0beta4-linux

  • Tom Carpenter
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2009

      I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10.  I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle.  Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either.  It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.

      Tom

      KI8AS

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
        Hi Tom. Make sure you have uninstalled the brltty module if it is there. I'll be testing Ubuntu this weekend and report back.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Carpenter" <ki8as@...> wrote:

        > Robin
        >
        > I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10. I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle. Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either. It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > KI8AS

      • Tomc
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
          HI Robin

          Just got through uninstalling britty restarted Ubuntu and ran dvtool and
          still get the error. It does frind the dv dongle now.

          Tom

          tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Desktop
          tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd Ham
          bash: cd: Ham: No such file or directory
          tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ dir
          tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ ls
          tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd /
          tomc@ubuntu:/$ ls
          bin dev host lib lost+found opt sbin sys var
          boot etc initrd.img lib32 media proc selinux tmp
          vmlinuz
          cdrom home initrd.img.old lib64 mnt root srv usr
          vmlinuz.old
          tomc@ubuntu:/$ cd home
          tomc@ubuntu:/home$ ls
          tomc
          tomc@ubuntu:/home$ cd tomc
          tomc@ubuntu:~$ ls
          Desktop examples.desktop Music Public Videos
          Documents Ham Pictures Templates
          tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Ham
          tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ls
          core d-rats-0.3.0 DVTool DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
          tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ./DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
          DVTool version 2.0beta4
          Restored parameters:
          UserCallsign=
          UserMessage=
          DVDevice=
          AudioInDevice=
          AudioOutDevice=
          Gateway=
          Module=A
          FavoriteGW=N
          PTTLock=N
          Style=Windows
          Colors=Default
          FavoriteGWList=
          O/S: Linux
          FTDI serial device ttyUSB0 found (A9004roN)
          NO AUDIO INPUT DEVICES FOUND!
          Module changed to A

          And this is where it stops.