I have it installed, BUT!

  • Luther
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
      Ok, got the dongle installed, now what. I haven't heard anything on any gateways, or reflectors, etc. How do you get to talk to anyone? Also where do I get 2.0 beta software? OK, so I am a dummy in this d-star stuff! LOL
      Leon, N5PU
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
        Hi Leon. Did you click "Start" at the bottom and do you hear a faint hiss? You might try connecting to REF001 module C for a while. That is the most active reflector/module.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Luther" <n5pu@...> wrote:

        > Ok, got the dongle installed, now what. I haven't heard anything on any gateways, or reflectors, etc. How do you get to talk to anyone? Also where do I get 2.0 beta software? OK, so I am a dummy in this d-star stuff! LOL
        > Leon, N5PU

      • John D. Hays
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
          There is a principle, that if all stations only listen, no QSOs will happen.  Have you tried making a call on any of the reflectors and gateways?  Try REF001C, as it is the busiest.

          --
          John D. Hays
          Amateur Radio Station K7VE
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2009
            Thanks to everyone....got it going....like someone said...if you don't call
            and everyone is just listening, you won't hear anything!!

            73,

            Leon N5PU