New user, not working...driver?

  • wolobmp
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2008
      Hello, all. New user, just obtained dv dongle. Info...system is dual
      core pentium 1.8g 4g ram, os is windows vista.
      When first FT232R USB UART plugged into usb port, windows loaded usb
      drivers, and found FT232R USB UART device. Dongle has slow pulse
      green led.
      Problem here.....nothing else functions. Possible driver are not
      installed? Not sure. The link from dvdongle for
      drivers.....http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

      does not list a vista version download or is it this file i need?

      CDM 2.04.06 WHQL Certified.zip

      So I presume that this is the file I need, and once I install this
      driver the dongle should start to function, yes?

      Also, what type of mic are you guys using and suggest? I've read a
      few comments but like to know what headset you guys decide works best.

      Your comments are much appreicated.

      Thank you,
      Mike