Re: DVTool2.0beta4-linux

  • ki8as
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
      Sorry about the description of the error. It should be no audio input device found.

      Tom
      KI8AS

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ki8as" <ki8as@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > > Colors=Default
      > > FavoriteGWList=
      > > O/S: Linux
      > > Input devices: Headset VT82xx default
      > > Output devices: Headset VT82xx default
      > > name=Headset
      > > channels=1 2
      > > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
      > > byte orders=1 0
      > > codecs=audio/pcm
      > > samplesizes=8 16 32
      > > sampletypes=1 2 3
      > >
      > > name=VT82xx
      > > channels=1 2
      > > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
      > > byte orders=1 0
      > > codecs=audio/pcm
      > > samplesizes=8 16 32
      > > sampletypes=1 2 3
      > >
      > > name=default
      > > channels=1 2
      > > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
      > > byte orders=1 0
      > > codecs=audio/pcm
      > > samplesizes=8 16 32
      > > sampletypes=1 2 3
      > >
      > > name=Headset
      > > channels=1 2
      > > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
      > > byte orders=1 0
      > > codecs=audio/pcm
      > > samplesizes=8 16 32
      > > sampletypes=1 2 3
      > >
      > > name=VT82xx
      > > channels=1 2
      > > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
      > > byte orders=1 0
      > > codecs=audio/pcm
      > > samplesizes=8 16 32
      > > sampletypes=1 2 3
      > >
      > > name=default
      > > channels=1 2
      > > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
      > > byte orders=1 0
      > > codecs=audio/pcm
      > > samplesizes=8 16 32
      > > sampletypes=1 2 3
      > >
      > > FTDI serial device ttyUSB0 found (A9004unM)
      > > Added audio input device: Headset
      > > Audio input device changed to Headset
      > > Added audio input device: VT82xx
      > > Added audio input device: default
      > > Added audio output device: Headset
      > > Audio output device changed to Headset
      > > Added audio output device: VT82xx
      > > Module changed to A
      > > Module changed from A to C
      > > Added audio output device: default
      > > Style changed to Windows
      > > Found 1 FTDI device(s)
      > > Available builtin palettes:
      > > BlackOnMellon
      > > BlackOnPink
      > > BlackOnSeaMist
      > > GoldOnBlack
      > > WhiteOnDarkRed
      > > WhiteOnNavyBlue
      > > WhiteOnPurpleBlue
      > > WhiteOnSteelBlue
      > > WhiteOnTeal
      > > Available external palettes:
      > > Loaded palette :/dvtoolresources/palettes/BlackOnMellon.qpalette
      > > Loaded palette :/dvtoolresources/palettes/Default.qpalette
      > >

      > > The above launched the GUI just fine, but if there is a problem it
      > > should show in the verbose within terminal.
      > > It will be interesting to see Robins tests with Ubuntu.

    • Tom Carpenter
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 6, 2009

        I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10.  I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle.  Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either.  It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.

        Tom

        KI8AS

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
          Hi Tom. Make sure you have uninstalled the brltty module if it is there. I'll be testing Ubuntu this weekend and report back.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Carpenter" <ki8as@...> wrote:

          > Robin
          >
          > I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10. I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle. Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either. It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > KI8AS

        • Tomc
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2009
            HI Robin

            Just got through uninstalling britty restarted Ubuntu and ran dvtool and
            still get the error. It does frind the dv dongle now.

            Tom

            tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Desktop
            tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd Ham
            bash: cd: Ham: No such file or directory
            tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ dir
            tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ ls
            tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd /
            tomc@ubuntu:/$ ls
            bin dev host lib lost+found opt sbin sys var
            boot etc initrd.img lib32 media proc selinux tmp
            vmlinuz
            cdrom home initrd.img.old lib64 mnt root srv usr
            vmlinuz.old
            tomc@ubuntu:/$ cd home
            tomc@ubuntu:/home$ ls
            tomc
            tomc@ubuntu:/home$ cd tomc
            tomc@ubuntu:~$ ls
            Desktop examples.desktop Music Public Videos
            Documents Ham Pictures Templates
            tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Ham
            tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ls
            core d-rats-0.3.0 DVTool DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
            tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ./DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
            DVTool version 2.0beta4
            Restored parameters:
            UserCallsign=
            UserMessage=
            DVDevice=
            AudioInDevice=
            AudioOutDevice=
            Gateway=
            Module=A
            FavoriteGW=N
            PTTLock=N
            Style=Windows
            Colors=Default
            FavoriteGWList=
            O/S: Linux
            FTDI serial device ttyUSB0 found (A9004roN)
            NO AUDIO INPUT DEVICES FOUND!
            Module changed to A

            And this is where it stops.