DVTool2.0beta4

  • w1in_ran
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
      While I haven't had a chance to try 2.0 (Beta) on a Linux box yet I have used it on a netbook w/1024x600 screen. The user screen of DVTool1.xx is not scalable for low res devices. Version 2.0beta user screen displays and operates perfectly under these conditions.

      Can now use DV-Dongle with a <1 lb computer. When tethered to my Windows based cell-phone can operate pretty much anywhere. Great for locations where I can't hit a repeater.
    • ki8as
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
        I finally had a chance to test it on my 386 machine with Ubuntu 9.10. And got the same results. It starts to load and then comes up with the error can't find audio output device. I have been using the release that runs in java and no problems. Not sure why it cant find the audio device???

        Tom
        KI8AS

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Adrian <vk4tux@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Colors=Default
        > FavoriteGWList=
        > O/S: Linux
        > Input devices: Headset VT82xx default
        > Output devices: Headset VT82xx default
        > name=Headset
        > channels=1 2
        > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
        > byte orders=1 0
        > codecs=audio/pcm
        > samplesizes=8 16 32
        > sampletypes=1 2 3
        >
        > name=VT82xx
        > channels=1 2
        > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
        > byte orders=1 0
        > codecs=audio/pcm
        > samplesizes=8 16 32
        > sampletypes=1 2 3
        >
        > name=default
        > channels=1 2
        > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
        > byte orders=1 0
        > codecs=audio/pcm
        > samplesizes=8 16 32
        > sampletypes=1 2 3
        >
        > name=Headset
        > channels=1 2
        > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
        > byte orders=1 0
        > codecs=audio/pcm
        > samplesizes=8 16 32
        > sampletypes=1 2 3
        >
        > name=VT82xx
        > channels=1 2
        > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
        > byte orders=1 0
        > codecs=audio/pcm
        > samplesizes=8 16 32
        > sampletypes=1 2 3
        >
        > name=default
        > channels=1 2
        > frequencies=8000 11025 22050 44100 48000
        > byte orders=1 0
        > codecs=audio/pcm
        > samplesizes=8 16 32
        > sampletypes=1 2 3
        >
        > FTDI serial device ttyUSB0 found (A9004unM)
        > Added audio input device: Headset
        > Audio input device changed to Headset
        > Added audio input device: VT82xx
        > Added audio input device: default
        > Added audio output device: Headset
        > Audio output device changed to Headset
        > Added audio output device: VT82xx
        > Module changed to A
        > Module changed from A to C
        > Added audio output device: default
        > Style changed to Windows
        > Found 1 FTDI device(s)
        > Available builtin palettes:
        > BlackOnMellon
        > BlackOnPink
        > BlackOnSeaMist
        > GoldOnBlack
        > WhiteOnDarkRed
        > WhiteOnNavyBlue
        > WhiteOnPurpleBlue
        > WhiteOnSteelBlue
        > WhiteOnTeal
        > Available external palettes:
        > Loaded palette :/dvtoolresources/palettes/BlackOnMellon.qpalette
        > Loaded palette :/dvtoolresources/palettes/Default.qpalette
        >

        > The above launched the GUI just fine, but if there is a problem it
        > should show in the verbose within terminal.
        > It will be interesting to see Robins tests with Ubuntu.

      • ki8as
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
          Sorry about the description of the error. It should be no audio input device found.

          Tom
          KI8AS

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "ki8as" <ki8as@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > Module changed to A
          > > Module changed from A to C
          > > Added audio output device: default
          > > Style changed to Windows
          > > Found 1 FTDI device(s)
          > > Available builtin palettes:
          > > BlackOnMellon
          > > BlackOnPink
          > > BlackOnSeaMist
          > > GoldOnBlack
          > > WhiteOnDarkRed
          > > WhiteOnNavyBlue
          > > WhiteOnPurpleBlue
          > > WhiteOnSteelBlue
          > > WhiteOnTeal
          > > Available external palettes:
          > > Loaded palette :/dvtoolresources/palettes/BlackOnMellon.qpalette
          > > Loaded palette :/dvtoolresources/palettes/Default.qpalette
          > >

          > > The above launched the GUI just fine, but if there is a problem it
          > > should show in the verbose within terminal.
          > > It will be interesting to see Robins tests with Ubuntu.

        • Tom Carpenter
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2009
            Robin

            I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10.  I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle.  Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either.  It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.

            Tom

            KI8AS

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2009
              Hi Tom. Make sure you have uninstalled the brltty module if it is there. I'll be testing Ubuntu this weekend and report back.

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Carpenter" <ki8as@...> wrote:

              > Robin
              >
              > I think it might have some thing to do with Ubuntu 9.10. I had Ubuntu 9.8 before and the java version ran fine and I never tried the new verssion of dvdongle. Now that I am running Ubuntu 9.10 the Java version does not run either. It boots up and the Java window opens and all looks good but when you go to connect to the dongle it connects or thinks it does but you don't get a read out of the version number or serial number or any thing.
              >
              > Tom
              >
              > KI8AS

            • Tomc
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7, 2009
                HI Robin

                Just got through uninstalling britty restarted Ubuntu and ran dvtool and
                still get the error. It does frind the dv dongle now.

                Tom

                tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Desktop
                tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd Ham
                bash: cd: Ham: No such file or directory
                tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ dir
                tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ ls
                tomc@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ cd /
                tomc@ubuntu:/$ ls
                bin dev host lib lost+found opt sbin sys var
                boot etc initrd.img lib32 media proc selinux tmp
                vmlinuz
                cdrom home initrd.img.old lib64 mnt root srv usr
                vmlinuz.old
                tomc@ubuntu:/$ cd home
                tomc@ubuntu:/home$ ls
                tomc
                tomc@ubuntu:/home$ cd tomc
                tomc@ubuntu:~$ ls
                Desktop examples.desktop Music Public Videos
                Documents Ham Pictures Templates
                tomc@ubuntu:~$ cd Ham
                tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ls
                core d-rats-0.3.0 DVTool DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
                tomc@ubuntu:~/Ham$ ./DVTool-2.0beta4-linux
                DVTool version 2.0beta4
                Restored parameters:
                UserCallsign=
                UserMessage=
                DVDevice=
                AudioInDevice=
                AudioOutDevice=
                Gateway=
                Module=A
                FavoriteGW=N
                PTTLock=N
                Style=Windows
                Colors=Default
                FavoriteGWList=
                O/S: Linux
                FTDI serial device ttyUSB0 found (A9004roN)
                NO AUDIO INPUT DEVICES FOUND!
                Module changed to A

                And this is where it stops.