Re: dstar.exe to dvtool - no audio

  • rick.wakatori
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 13, 2008
      I have the same problem with you on the dstar.exe and DV-Tool.
      UDP Login 127.0.0.1:23813 - Added to client table(this varies by
      each connection even Peer to Peer Port 6116 from DV-Tool.

      The dstar.exe reports Flags(00),Destination(DIRECT),Departure
      (DIRECT), Companion(CQCQCQ) and Stn.Callsign(7L1RLL C / 430).

      Audio sound from the speaker is same as speaker sound 'Gya Gha' of
      FT-100,FM mode, even if RF was sent by ID-91(same as ID-91AD except
      frequency range).

      Security does not protect port 6116 on the computer at the moment.
      DV-Dongle indicates to working (both red and blue LED lit).
      AMBE/Audio Loopback works well separately.

      Rick, 7L1RLL
      City of Kawasaki, Japan

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Robinson" <kb5asy@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm having trouble getting audio to dvtool from dstar.exe.
      >
      > I have dstar.exe decoding the data from RF and I have the dv
      dongle
      > with dvtool working but when I try to pass data through 127.0.0.1
      port
      > 6116 I get no audio. I do get the message that dvtool has attached
      > a specific port in dstar.exe. I have tried it on xp pro and vista.
      > They work fine separately but not together to pass audio.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Philip
      > KB5ASY

    • rick.wakatori
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 14, 2008
        HI Philip,

        This computer has only one jack for both line-in and mic-in.
        Difference between mic-in and line-in is only amplitude selection
        (20dB up). DV-Tool can decode RF received data stream such
        callsign to display at assigned area.

        I have tried to switch the port 6116 to the others, but 6117
        could not be connected. Because I assigned port 6116 only
        for Peer to Peer connection at Windows firewal.

        Built-in audio speaker generates strong noise while D-STAR RF
        received.
        Blue LED and Red LED are lit during the operation.

        It seems that assignment of audio devices is incorrect or
        the output of DV-Dongle can not be specifyed to correct audio device
        (such 2nd USB headphone).

        I have still a difficulty to listning any human voice with DV-Dongle
        except loopback testing.