No audio

  • m0zsa@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2009
      Please could I have some help I am using beta V4, Everything appears to be ok. All checks, even when I transmit and check dstarusers.org
      I can see my call sign, but I do not get any audio or connection to a repeater in use? On very rear ocations have I been able to get audio.
      What can I check to overcome this problem?
      Thanks
      Tom
      M0ZSA
    • John Hays
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2009
        Have you tried loopback audio (with and without AMBE)?

        On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:40 PM, m0zsa@... wrote:

        Please could I have some help I am using beta V4, Everything appears to be ok. All checks, even when I transmit and check dstarusers.org
        I can see my call sign, but I do not get any audio or connection to a repeater in use? On very rear ocations have I been able to get audio.
        What can I check to overcome this problem?
        Thanks
        Tom
        M0ZSA

        John D. Hays
        Amateur Radio Station K7VE
        PO Box 1223
        Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
        VOIP/SIP: john@...
        Email: john@...

      • Tom Haylock
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
          Hi John
          Thanks for the reply, Maybe I am been thick but I do not know how you do this.
          I am familiar with loopback plugs, But loopback audio with and without AMBE (Advanced Multi-Band Excitation) No way this is way over my head.
          Please explain in detail how to do this.
          Thank you for your time, and hope this works
          Tom
          M0ZSA

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
            When you start DVTool, open the dongle like normal.

            Then go to the Setup Tab, then the Audio Tab in it. Make sure you have the correct input and output devices selected, then click "Test Audio Using Soundcard Only" and test your mic. You should hear yourself (Loopback)

            Do the same with "Test Audio using DV Dongle"

            Main thing we're doing here is testing your soundcard and microphone for starters.

            Tom