Re: DVTool and D-rats

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
      Hi Tom. There isn't anything you have to do with DVTool so there is nothing to document there. Just make sure you are using the latest beta of DVTool and the drats software. Check on the drats email reflector for instructions on using drats with DVTool. It is pretty straight forward though. I think there is a "dongle" port type in drats.

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, kg4vub <kg4vub@...> wrote:

      > Robin,
      >
      > Is there any documentation on interfacing the two? I've seen requests for
      > such with no answer, and in searching haven't found anything posted. Or does
      > latest DVTool handle the whole message process without using DRATS?
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi folks.
      > >
      > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
      > > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015 module
      > > C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module. Please do not connect
      > > to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks there not running
      > > d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
      > >
      > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please make
      > > sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015 module C so
      > > you don't impact other reflectors.
      > >
      > > Thanks and 73s,

    • kg4vub
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
        Thanks

        On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:50 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
        Hi Tom.  There isn't anything you have to do with DVTool so there is nothing to document there.  Just make sure you are using the latest beta of DVTool and the drats software.  Check on the drats email reflector for instructions on using drats with DVTool.  It is pretty straight forward though.  I think there is a "dongle" port type in drats.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, kg4vub <kg4vub@...> wrote:

        > Robin,
        >
        > Is there any documentation on interfacing the two? I've seen requests for
        > such with no answer, and in searching haven't found anything posted. Or does
        > latest DVTool handle the whole message process without using DRATS?
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi folks.
        > >
        > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
        > > excitement and a lot of testing.  Please remember that reflector 015 module
        > > C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module.  Please do not connect
        > > to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks there not running
        > > d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
        > >
        > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please make
        > > sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015 module C so
        > > you don't impact other reflectors.
        > >
        > > Thanks and 73s,

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:DVDongle-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:DVDongle-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Tony Langdon
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
          At 03:50 AM 10/5/2009, you wrote:
          >Hi Tom. There isn't anything you have to do with DVTool so there is
          >nothing to document there. Just make sure you are using the latest
          >beta of DVTool and the drats software. Check on the drats email
          >reflector for instructions on using drats with DVTool. It is pretty
          >straight forward though. I think there is a "dongle" port type in drats.

          Robin, that's correct. You just have to configure your "radio" to be
          of type "dongle" in D-RATS, and it all "just works". :)

          73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com
        • Ron Wenig
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
            I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
            stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
            I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
            were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
            packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have seen
            this on DV-Dongle to the radio and I have asked about this in the group
            but I guess no one else has seen this. I thought that I would ask once
            more since I saw it on the reflector which means it must not be a timing
            issue between the dongle and rf.

            73, Ron ny3j

            aa4rc wrote:

            > Hi folks.
            >
            > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
            > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015
            > module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module. Please do
            > not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks
            > there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
            >
            > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please
            > make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015
            > module C so you don't impact other reflectors.
            >
            > Thanks and 73s,

          • ** N8NOE **
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2009
              Ron,
              You are correct in the idea it's Broken packets. This is in D-Rats and NOT the dongle Software..
              Jeff-N8NOE
              (( You will get the same via RF also on a weak signal ))

              Jeff-N8NOE

              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:

              > I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
              > stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
              > I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
              > were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
              > packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have seen
              > this on DV-Dongle to the radio and I have asked about this in the group
              > but I guess no one else has seen this. I thought that I would ask once
              > more since I saw it on the reflector which means it must not be a timing
              > issue between the dongle and rf.
              >
              > 73, Ron ny3j
              >
              > aa4rc wrote:
              > >

              > > Hi folks.
              > >
              > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
              > > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015
              > > module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module. Please do
              > > not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks
              > > there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
              > >
              > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please
              > > make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015
              > > module C so you don't impact other reflectors.
              > >
              > > Thanks and 73s,

            • Ron Wenig
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2009
                Thanks Jeff,

                I'll ask over there.

                73, Ron ny3j

                ** N8NOE ** wrote:

                > Ron,
                > You are correct in the idea it's Broken packets. This is in D-Rats and
                > NOT the dongle Software..
                > Jeff-N8NOE
                > (( You will get the same via RF also on a weak signal ))
                >
                > Jeff-N8NOE
                >
                > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com <mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
                > > stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
                > > I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
                > > were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
                > > packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have seen
                > > this on DV-Dongle to the radio and I have asked about this in the group
                > > but I guess no one else has seen this. I thought that I would ask once
                > > more since I saw it on the reflector which means it must not be a
                > timing
                > > issue between the dongle and rf.
                > >
                > > 73, Ron ny3j
                > >
                > > aa4rc wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Hi folks.
                > > >
                > > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a
                > lot of
                > > > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015
                > > > module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module.
                > Please do
                > > > not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks
                > > > there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
                > > >
                > > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please
                > > > make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015
                > > > module C so you don't impact other reflectors.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks and 73s,
                > > > Robin
                > > > AA4RC

              • PY4ZBZ