Re: [DVDongle] DVTool and D-rats

  • kg4vub
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
      Robin,

      Is there any documentation on interfacing the two? I've seen requests for such with no answer, and in searching haven't found anything posted. Or does latest DVTool handle the whole message process without using DRATS?

      Tom

      On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
      Hi folks.

      With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of excitement and a lot of testing.  Please remember that reflector 015 module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module.  Please do not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.

      Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015 module C so you don't impact other reflectors.

      Thanks and 73s,

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:DVDongle-digest@yahoogroups.com
         mailto:DVDongle-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
        Hi Tom. There isn't anything you have to do with DVTool so there is nothing to document there. Just make sure you are using the latest beta of DVTool and the drats software. Check on the drats email reflector for instructions on using drats with DVTool. It is pretty straight forward though. I think there is a "dongle" port type in drats.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, kg4vub <kg4vub@...> wrote:

        > Robin,
        >
        > Is there any documentation on interfacing the two? I've seen requests for
        > such with no answer, and in searching haven't found anything posted. Or does
        > latest DVTool handle the whole message process without using DRATS?
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi folks.
        > >
        > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
        > > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015 module
        > > C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module. Please do not connect
        > > to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks there not running
        > > d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
        > >
        > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please make
        > > sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015 module C so
        > > you don't impact other reflectors.
        > >
        > > Thanks and 73s,

      • kg4vub
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
          Thanks

          On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:50 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
          Hi Tom.  There isn't anything you have to do with DVTool so there is nothing to document there.  Just make sure you are using the latest beta of DVTool and the drats software.  Check on the drats email reflector for instructions on using drats with DVTool.  It is pretty straight forward though.  I think there is a "dongle" port type in drats.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, kg4vub <kg4vub@...> wrote:

          > Robin,
          >
          > Is there any documentation on interfacing the two? I've seen requests for
          > such with no answer, and in searching haven't found anything posted. Or does
          > latest DVTool handle the whole message process without using DRATS?
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM, aa4rc <aa4rc@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi folks.
          > >
          > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
          > > excitement and a lot of testing.  Please remember that reflector 015 module
          > > C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module.  Please do not connect
          > > to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks there not running
          > > d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
          > >
          > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please make
          > > sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015 module C so
          > > you don't impact other reflectors.
          > >
          > > Thanks and 73s,

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:DVDongle-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:DVDongle-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Tony Langdon
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
            At 03:50 AM 10/5/2009, you wrote:
            >Hi Tom. There isn't anything you have to do with DVTool so there is
            >nothing to document there. Just make sure you are using the latest
            >beta of DVTool and the drats software. Check on the drats email
            >reflector for instructions on using drats with DVTool. It is pretty
            >straight forward though. I think there is a "dongle" port type in drats.

            Robin, that's correct. You just have to configure your "radio" to be
            of type "dongle" in D-RATS, and it all "just works". :)

            73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
            http://vkradio.com
          • Ron Wenig
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
              I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
              stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
              I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
              were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
              packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have seen
              this on DV-Dongle to the radio and I have asked about this in the group
              but I guess no one else has seen this. I thought that I would ask once
              more since I saw it on the reflector which means it must not be a timing
              issue between the dongle and rf.

              73, Ron ny3j

              aa4rc wrote:

              > Hi folks.
              >
              > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
              > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015
              > module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module. Please do
              > not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks
              > there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
              >
              > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please
              > make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015
              > module C so you don't impact other reflectors.
              >
              > Thanks and 73s,

            • ** N8NOE **
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2009
                Ron,
                You are correct in the idea it's Broken packets. This is in D-Rats and NOT the dongle Software..
                Jeff-N8NOE
                (( You will get the same via RF also on a weak signal ))

                Jeff-N8NOE

                --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:

                > I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
                > stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
                > I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
                > were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
                > packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have seen
                > this on DV-Dongle to the radio and I have asked about this in the group
                > but I guess no one else has seen this. I thought that I would ask once
                > more since I saw it on the reflector which means it must not be a timing
                > issue between the dongle and rf.
                >
                > 73, Ron ny3j
                >
                > aa4rc wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi folks.
                > >
                > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a lot of
                > > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015
                > > module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module. Please do
                > > not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks
                > > there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
                > >
                > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please
                > > make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015
                > > module C so you don't impact other reflectors.
                > >
                > > Thanks and 73s,

              • Ron Wenig
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2009
                  Thanks Jeff,

                  I'll ask over there.

                  73, Ron ny3j

                  ** N8NOE ** wrote:

                  > Ron,
                  > You are correct in the idea it's Broken packets. This is in D-Rats and
                  > NOT the dongle Software..
                  > Jeff-N8NOE
                  > (( You will get the same via RF also on a weak signal ))
                  >
                  > Jeff-N8NOE
                  >
                  > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com <mailto:DVDongle%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > Ron Wenig <rwenig@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I was on the REF0015C reflector today testing the DV-Dongle. Two other
                  > > stations were on and I received a couple of messages from them ok. Then
                  > > I received, what I call "broken packets". The messages that I received
                  > > were in yellow with a CQCQCQ address, a [SOB] in the beginning of the
                  > > packet and a [EOB] at the end. The text was unreadable. I have seen
                  > > this on DV-Dongle to the radio and I have asked about this in the group
                  > > but I guess no one else has seen this. I thought that I would ask once
                  > > more since I saw it on the reflector which means it must not be a
                  > timing
                  > > issue between the dongle and rf.
                  > >
                  > > 73, Ron ny3j
                  > >
                  > > aa4rc wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Hi folks.
                  > > >
                  > > > With the addition of d-rats support to dvtool, there has been a
                  > lot of
                  > > > excitement and a lot of testing. Please remember that reflector 015
                  > > > module C has been designated as the d-rats reflector/module.
                  > Please do
                  > > > not connect to other reflectors and run d-rats as there are folks
                  > > > there not running d-rats and this causes quite a bit of frustration.
                  > > >
                  > > > Also, if you wish to have d-rats conversations with RF users, please
                  > > > make sure that the gateway being used is connected to reflector 015
                  > > > module C so you don't impact other reflectors.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks and 73s,
                  > > > Robin
                  > > > AA4RC

                • PY4ZBZ