Data Messages

  • frank_n9gqr
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Robin, I was wondering if it would be possible to include the callsign automatically with the outbound message when you hit SEND? What it does now, when you hit SEND it shows my callsign in my window but not on the receiving stations data window. The receiving stations have no idea who sent the message. It seems it's set up backwards.

      73,

      Frank N9GQR

      DVTool 2.0beta4
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hi Frank. I was trying to make it work like the software for the 91AD which has no indicator on either side.

        There is a problem trying to put the callsign in the data stream. If you have multiple folks sending messages, the characters may be intermixed since there is no message boundary like you are used to with skype/aim/etc. I hesitate to add it there.

        One thing I have considered is having the receive text be a different color from the transmit text.