DVTool version 1.04

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2008
      I've placed DVTool version 1.04 in http://www.opendstar.org/tools for
      download. The beta testers didn't have any issues with this but we've
      seen at least one person that can run 1.03 but not 1.04. Please rename
      your DVTool folder to something like DVTool-103 before you extract 1.04
      so you can switch back easily if you have issues.

      Please let me know if you have any problems with this release.

      From the CHANGELOG:

      v 1.04: PTT button is now greyed out if you cannot transmit. Added
      audio in/out to saved preferences. Changed threading to make
      time slices more consistent. Added PPC Mac support. Changed
      dvtool.bat to print out "last heard" in dos window.

      73s,
    • Scott Weis
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2008
        Robin,

        I have been running version 1.03 without any problems for weeks. I just
        installed 1.04 and I can connect to the dongle, then choose my sound card.
        When I connect to a remote gateway with 1.03 I get a steady hiss and can
        TX/RX fine, on 1.04 the hiss is broken up and I do not receive audio from
        the remote gateway. I'm not sure if my audio is getting to the remote
        gateway. The red light on the dongle does no light up at all.

        Thanks,
        Scott

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12, 2008

          One of the added features is remembering your sound card settings.  The first time through, it might default to something other than what you have been using.  Please make sure that the Audio Output is set to “Java Sound Audio Engine”.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2008

            It does not matter which sound card I select. The received hiss is broken up and the received auto from the repeaters is SLOW and broken. I do not have this problem on 1.03

            73,

            Scott