Re: Java / DVTool Startup Problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12 6:03 AM
      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen M. Parker, WR9A"
      <shortwave@...> wrote:

      > For some reason, I can not get DVTool (version 1.04beta2, beta3,
      and the newly released
      > 1.04) to run on my machine any more. It had been working fine, then
      one day (without any
      > change in hardware or major updates) it just stopped working.
      >
      > I try to run it, wait for the usual pause, then ... Nothing. I can
      > 1.03, and it runs just fine. I tried a couple of the 1.04beta
      versions, and they worked
      > up until a few days ago. I tried the new release of 1.04 yesterday,
      and it does not run
      > for me.
      >
      > Here's the message I get when running "java -jar DVTool.jar":
      > Operating System Windows XP
      > Architecture x86
      > mixer Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture max input buf size
      3200
      > Audio device error line with format PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit,
      mono, 2 bytes/frame,
      > little-endian not supported.

      Hmm, that's weird. I didn't change anything in the sound section
      between 1.03 and 1.04. Do you by chance have any other programs
      running that could have the sound card open? Could you open a dos
      command window and run "java -version"?

      You might try opening your DVTool folder and renaming DVTool.jar to
      DVTool-104.jar and copy in the 1.03 version of DVTool.jar and name it
      as DVTool-103.jar. Then open a dos command window and cd to your
      DVTool folder. Then run "java -jar DVTool-103.jar" to test, close it
      and run "java -jar DVTool-104.jar". Send the output of those two
      runs together.

      Thanks,
    • ke5c@hot.rr.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12 6:26 AM
        This happened to me too, and I remembered I had accepted a Java update - one those "free" updates that just shows up from time to time on Windoze. I uninstalled the update, and everything went back to working. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the version, but I'm thinking I got a Microsoft JAVA installed on top of a Sun JAVA. The dongle continued to work on my Fedora laptop where I hadn't messed with the JAVA, 73, John

        > For some reason, I can not get DVTool (version 1.04beta2, beta3,
        and the newly released
        > 1.04) to run on my machine any more. It had been working fine, then
        one day (without any
        > change in hardware or major updates) it just stopped working.
      • Stephen M. Parker, WR9A
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12 7:32 AM
          Here is the information you requested, Robin.
          C:\Install\DVTool 1.03>java -version
          java version "1.6.0_04"
          Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)

          C:\Install\DVTool 1.03>java -jar DVTool.jar
          Operating System Windows XP
          mixer Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture max input buf size 3200
          mixer Software mixer and synthesizer max output buf size 3200

          C:\Install\DVTool 1.03>cd..

          C:\Install>cd dvtool 1.04

          C:\Install\DVTool 1.04>java -jar DVTool.jar
          Operating System Windows XP
          Architecture x86
          mixer Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture max input buf size 3200
          Audio device error line with format PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit, mono, 2 bytes/
          frame, little-endian not supported.
          _______________________________________
          Stephen, WR9A - Lafayette, Indiana
          Email: shortwave (AT) verizon -DOT- net
          _______________________________________

          > For some reason, I can not get DVTool (version 1.04beta2, beta3,
          and the newly released
          > 1.04) to run on my machine any more. It had been working fine, then
          one day (without any
          > change in hardware or major updates) it just stopped working.
          >
          > I try to run it, wait for the usual pause, then ... Nothing. I can
          > 1.03, and it runs just fine. I tried a couple of the 1.04beta
          versions, and they worked
          > up until a few days ago. I tried the new release of 1.04 yesterday,
          and it does not run
          > for me.
          >
          > Here's the message I get when running "java -jar DVTool.jar":
          > Operating System Windows XP
          > Architecture x86
          > mixer Direct Audio Device: DirectSound Capture max input buf size
          3200
          > Audio device error line with format PCM_SIGNED 8000.0 Hz, 16 bit,
          mono, 2 bytes/frame,
          > little-endian not supported.

          Hmm, that's weird. I didn't change anything in the sound section
          between 1.03 and 1.04. Do you by chance have any other programs
          running that could have the sound card open? Could you open a dos
          command window and run "java -version"?

          You might try opening your DVTool folder and renaming DVTool.jar to
          DVTool-104.jar and copy in the 1.03 version of DVTool.jar and name it
          as DVTool-103.jar. Then open a dos command window and cd to your
          DVTool folder. Then run "java -jar DVTool-103.jar" to test, close it
          and run "java -jar DVTool-104.jar". Send the output of those two
          runs together.

          Thanks,

          Yahoo! Groups Links