Re: Need help getting Dongle to work on brand new MacBook Pro with Intel processor.

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2009
      Hi Jim.

      You should not have to download Java on the Mac. Apple maintains Java and updates it with O/S updates.

      Simply follow the instructions on the dvdongle.com site by downloading and installing the FTDI drivers and then extract the DVTool zip file onto your desktop so you have a DVTool folder there. Then go into the DVTool folder and double-click on the "dvtool" file (not dvtool.jar).

      If you still have problems, feel free to email me directly.