Re: [DVDongle] D-RATS works with Dongle

  • Ron Wenig
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2009
      mrgadgetfl wrote:

      > D-RATS 0.3.1b4 and DVTool 2.0beta3 work together in all configurations
      > now (Dongle<->Dongle, Dongle<->RF).
      >
      > D-RATS brings to the Dongle: text chat, email-like messages (with
      > built-in forms) to/from individual stations, file upload/download, and
      > GPS tracking on included detailed maps.
      >
      > D-RATS beta is available for download at:
      > "http://d-rats.danplanet.com/download/beta
      > <http://d-rats.danplanet.com/download/beta>".
      >
      > D-RATS documentation is available at:
      > "http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/3/
      > <http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/3/>".
      >
      > Wayne, K4GQS

      Hi Everyone,

      I've been reading success stories about D-Rats working with DVtool but I
      haven't been able to use it with good results. I am using D-Rats
      0.3.1b4 and DVTool 2.0beta3 with Windows XP using Verizon FIOS. I get
      complaints of broken packets which appears in yellow. Sometimes people
      using D-Rats and RF through the repeater can copy bits of the text other
      times it's unreadable. Maybe I don't have some setup problem to be
      successful going through our repeater's gateway. I'm thinking it's a
      possible timing issue when the repeater tries to transmit my
      transmissions from the dongle, through the gateway to RF to the other
      D-Rats users who are using RF. Does anyone have settings that are
      working on your computer that seems to be working so that I could try
      them here. It has to be what I am doing here because it seems like
      other people are having success with the D-Rats to DVTool operation.

      73, Ron ny3j