Re: [DVDongle] Re: Dongle on non-trusted gateway?

  • Daniel G. Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
      Robin,

      What about a "manual" mode for those that have a clue. Honestly
      I was thinking along the same lines for the ability to play with the
      G2 software prior to putting it into produciton. I know at some
      point in the program you have to define an IP address and port
      number along with a couple other things like identification and
      routing. What about a manual mode where all of those things were
      simply fill in the blank?

      Dan Thompson
      dan@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel G. Thompson" <dan@...> wrote:

        > Robin,
        >
        > What about a "manual" mode for those that have a clue. Honestly
        > I was thinking along the same lines for the ability to play with the
        > G2 software prior to putting it into produciton. I know at some
        > point in the program you have to define an IP address and port
        > number along with a couple other things like identification and
        > routing. What about a manual mode where all of those things were
        > simply fill in the blank?

        I have considered doing that. Right now I'm working on the G2
        support for dplus/dongles. I'm hoping to allow dongle users to
        select either V1 or G2 gateways from the list. That should make for
        a more graceful transition. I also believe we will be able to link
        V1 and G2 gateways together as well as linking both to the
        reflectors. :)