Can't transmit with the dongle

  • w4bqd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
      Several months ago I was able to use the Dongle to transmit and receive. Now I can only receive, the transmit function is not available. This problem is occurring on both my PC and MAC platforms. I checked the repeater where I registered my call and my callsign and IP address are still in the log. I tried reinstalling the software but it didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

      73

      Bob, W4BQD
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hi Bob.

        You are registered as "W4BQD D". Since you used the "D" in the eigth position, you have to use the "D" in the eigth position with the DV Dongle. Note that it is recommended that you use a space " " character in the eigth position when you register.

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "w4bqd" <W4BQD@...> wrote:

        > Several months ago I was able to use the Dongle to transmit and receive. Now I can only receive, the transmit function is not available. This problem is occurring on both my PC and MAC platforms. I checked the repeater where I registered my call and my callsign and IP address are still in the log. I tried reinstalling the software but it didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Bob, W4BQD

      • w4bqd
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bob.
          >
          > You are registered as "W4BQD D". Since you used the "D" in the eigth position, you have to use the "D" in the eigth position with the DV Dongle. Note that it is recommended that you use a space " " character in the eigth position when you register.

          > --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "w4bqd" <W4BQD@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Several months ago I was able to use the Dongle to transmit and receive. Now I can only receive, the transmit function is not available. This problem is occurring on both my PC and MAC platforms. I checked the repeater where I registered my call and my callsign and IP address are still in the log. I tried reinstalling the software but it didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?
          > >
          > > 73
          > >
          > > Bob, W4BQD

          Thanks Robin

          I put the D in the eighth position and everything works OK.

          73

          Bob