DVTool 2.0 beta3 available

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2009
      The third beta release of version 2.0 is available for Windows. You can find it at:

      http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta3.exe

      This release has a fix for the garbled audio problem and potentially fixes the problem where PTT doesn't shut off. The PTT problem was due to inbound streams when you were transmitting.

      A Mac and Linux version of DVTool will be released. They are still being tested.

      Note that this is a *beta* release so there is no documentation yet. The user interface should be straight forward though.

      Also note that this release will cease to function when the next beta or production release is available. DVTool should notify you when that happens so you can download the new version.

      Please feel free to send issues or comments directly to me at aa4rc@....

    • n2huc
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "aa4rc" <aa4rc@...> wrote:

        > The third beta release of version 2.0 is available for Windows. You can find it at:
        >
        > http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-2.0beta3.exe
        >
        > This release has a fix for the garbled audio problem and potentially fixes the problem where PTT doesn't shut off. The PTT problem was due to inbound streams when you were transmitting.
        >
        > A Mac and Linux version of DVTool will be released. They are still being tested.
        >
        > Note that this is a *beta* release so there is no documentation yet. The user interface should be straight forward though.
        >
        > Also note that this release will cease to function when the next beta or production release is available. DVTool should notify you when that happens so you can download the new version.
        >
        > Please feel free to send issues or comments directly to me at aa4rc@...

        Hi Robin,

        I want to thank you for an awesome job on this application. I am enjoying the DV Dongle very much. The application works well. Some "R2D2" is reported on my transmissions on rare occasion, but the majority is crystal cler.

        I have a few ideas that I think would be neat, and I wonder if these are possible. I would like to think of my DVTool software as a dispatch console like big /\/\ systems use. I wonder if any of these features are possible???

        1 - "Your Call" Call Sign targeting. I would like to be able to call individule call signs of people I might be looking for wherever they are (like the radios do).

        2 - "Scan" with 2 levels of priority. I would like to be able to set up a number of different gateways and repeaters to scan (first come/first serve) with two levels of priority overide. Priority one could be your selected TX gateway, and priority 2 your secondary selection (radio button next to item in list?) I like the way commercial radios work for this, but I would hope there is enough buffer to prevent punching big holes in the audio. I would think there would be no holes as it is data and not a frequency sample.

        3 - "Focus Volume" so you could set up a low level volume on non-priority traffic and boost volume on priority selections.

        4 - "Message Text" included in the history screen. I watch the History screen more than the Connection screen, but I miss the messages. I do see them in the streaming screen, but it is too small and scrolls by fast at times.

        5 - The ability to see the data being sent while watching the history screen (in another window below the history windo).

        6 - Full time TX and maybe even RX audio level meters? It is nice to know you or the other station are not producing good levels by set meters (bar meters).

        7 - Ability to pull down an instant list of stored "Your Call" user preset memories. This goes for the "Your Call" Target idea. It would be nice to have saved calls you often would use ready to go with a drop down.

        I think that would give the commercial radio systems a real run for the money. :D I especially like the priority scan idea. Right now it is like a radio that can only hear one channel at a time. Very basic, and it works, but we could really enjoy some cool features on this system.

        Thanks for all the great work you do!

        73 - from Phil - N2HUC ~
      • barrymung
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
          Hi Robin, Group,

          I can report that this release works fine on Windows 7, as does the FTDI driver instalation for the Dongle itself.
          Previous V2 releases did have a few 'bugs', but W7 seems to like this version fine.
          (From a friend that doesn't belong to any 'groups'.)

          Exelent work Robin. (And no more phone calls from my friend!)

          73 de Neil.
          G7EBY.