Dongle on non-trusted gateway?

  • Scott Weis
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hello All,

      Our local dstar system is awaiting the new G2 software so that we can get on
      the gateway system. I have the gateway box configured with dplus and can
      "connect to host" on port 20001 and listen to the gateway via the dongle. Is
      there any way to transmit from the dongle using this configuration? Or is
      there anyway to get our system on the repeater drop down list?

      Thanks,
      Scott Weis KB2EAR
      kb2ear@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Weis" <kb2ear@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > Our local dstar system is awaiting the new G2 software so that we
        can get on
        > the gateway system. I have the gateway box configured with dplus
        and can
        > "connect to host" on port 20001 and listen to the gateway via the
        dongle. Is
        > there any way to transmit from the dongle using this configuration?
        Or is
        > there anyway to get our system on the repeater drop down list?

        Hi Scott. There isn't a current mechanism to add your gateway but I
        have been considering an "alternate" list feature. If you have a
        fixed IP address, send your gateway callsign and IP address to me via
        email and I'll see what I can do. If you don't have a fixed IP,
        you'll have to wait for the G2 rollout.

      • Daniel G. Thompson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
          Robin,

          What about a "manual" mode for those that have a clue. Honestly
          I was thinking along the same lines for the ability to play with the
          G2 software prior to putting it into produciton. I know at some
          point in the program you have to define an IP address and port
          number along with a couple other things like identification and
          routing. What about a manual mode where all of those things were
          simply fill in the blank?

          Dan Thompson
          dan@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel G. Thompson" <dan@...> wrote:

            > Robin,
            >
            > What about a "manual" mode for those that have a clue. Honestly
            > I was thinking along the same lines for the ability to play with the
            > G2 software prior to putting it into produciton. I know at some
            > point in the program you have to define an IP address and port
            > number along with a couple other things like identification and
            > routing. What about a manual mode where all of those things were
            > simply fill in the blank?

            I have considered doing that. Right now I'm working on the G2
            support for dplus/dongles. I'm hoping to allow dongle users to
            select either V1 or G2 gateways from the list. That should make for
            a more graceful transition. I also believe we will be able to link
            V1 and G2 gateways together as well as linking both to the
            reflectors. :)