DV tx Dongle

  • Steve Woods
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
      Came accross a photo of a DV Dongle with an antenna on one end (do a google search on "DV tx Dongle") can anyone shed some light on this model???

      Steve
    • Gary Pearce KN4AQ
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
        At 09:14 AM 7/7/2009, Steve Woods wrote:

        Came accross a photo of a DV Dongle with an antenna on one end (do a google search on "DV tx Dongle") can anyone shed some light on this model???

        Steve

        It is a new product that Robin introduced at the Dayton D-STAR seminars. Still under development. If I understood correctly it includes a low power transmitter that will transmit the DV stream received by the Dongle so you can monitor it around the house with your HT.  Not two-way yet.

        You'll see Robin's introduction of the device on the video of the seminar, which should be available soon

        73,
        Gary KN4AQ

        ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
        Gary Pearce KN4AQ
        508 Spencer Crest Ct.
        Cary, NC 27513
        kn4aq@...
        919-380-9944
        www.ARVideoNews.com

      • Neil
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
          Interesting!

          Its either a good Photoshop effort or maybe they know something we dont?

          Neil.

          --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Woods" <steve@...> wrote:

          > Came accross a photo of a DV Dongle with an antenna on one end (do a google search on "DV tx Dongle") can anyone shed some light on this model???
          >
          > Steve

        • John Hays
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
            Its a project Robin (AA4RC) is working on ... he showed it at Hamcom in Plano last month.  Right now it just transmits, but will eventually tx/rx providing an "in house" relay between your D-STAR radio and the DPLUS infrastructure.  Its low power and designed to be an extender when you can't reach the repeater directly.

            On Jul 7, 2009, at 6:14 AM, Steve Woods wrote:

            Came accross a photo of a DV Dongle with an antenna on one end (do a google search on "DV tx Dongle") can anyone shed some light on this model???

            Steve

            John Hays
            Amateur Radio: K7VE

          • pa2ra
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 11, 2009
              --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, John Hays <john@...> wrote:

              > Its a project Robin (AA4RC) is working on ... he showed it at Hamcom
              > in Plano last month. Right now it just transmits, but will eventually
              > tx/rx providing an "in house" relay between your D-STAR radio and the
              > DPLUS infrastructure. Its low power and designed to be an extender
              > when you can't reach the repeater directly.

              So will it be a kind of D-Star hotspot node?

              73, Rene PA2RA