Re: DVTool Question

  • JP O'Connor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
      Hello Richard,

      Welcome to the DVDongle!

      I use V 1.10 Beta 5 of the DVTool software.

      http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-1.10beta5.jar

      This version uses tabs for different sections of the screen. It also has a section that shows a history of the most recent activity. I refer to it often during QSOs to help me remember call signs. To do this, I select (check) the box next to the PTT button. That way, even when it is my turn to talk, I can switch to the activity list tab to see the call signs, then switch back to the main tab to release the PTT when I am finished talking. Hope this helps!

      Have a great day!

      Thanks,
      JP

      73 de KJ4CUW

      --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "richeppley" <richeppley@...> wrote:

      > Hi to all!
      >
      > I am a new DV Dongle user and I'm trying to understand how to best use it. I have tried running the DVTool software under a variety of operating system and, to my surprise, find that Windows 7 (64-bit) is the most solid. I've never had DVTool drop out.
      >
      > In any event, my question is this: Is there a way to keep more than the current caller displayed on the screen? If so, I have not figured it out. I'd be happy for any help.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Richard, AB8YS

    • richeppley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
        Hi JP,

        Thanks for the info. The "beta 5" file works great. The "History" tab is just what I was looking for.

        Thanks again for responding.

        Richard, AB8YS