DVTool Question

  • richeppley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hi to all!

      I am a new DV Dongle user and I'm trying to understand how to best use it. I have tried running the DVTool software under a variety of operating system and, to my surprise, find that Windows 7 (64-bit) is the most solid. I've never had DVTool drop out.

      In any event, my question is this: Is there a way to keep more than the current caller displayed on the screen? If so, I have not figured it out. I'd be happy for any help.

      73,

      Richard, AB8YS
    • JP O'Connor
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
        Hello Richard,

        Welcome to the DVDongle!

        I use V 1.10 Beta 5 of the DVTool software.

        http://www.opendstar.org/tools/DVTool-1.10beta5.jar

        This version uses tabs for different sections of the screen. It also has a section that shows a history of the most recent activity. I refer to it often during QSOs to help me remember call signs. To do this, I select (check) the box next to the PTT button. That way, even when it is my turn to talk, I can switch to the activity list tab to see the call signs, then switch back to the main tab to release the PTT when I am finished talking. Hope this helps!

        Have a great day!

        Thanks,
        JP

        73 de KJ4CUW

        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "richeppley" <richeppley@...> wrote:

        > Hi to all!
        >
        > I am a new DV Dongle user and I'm trying to understand how to best use it. I have tried running the DVTool software under a variety of operating system and, to my surprise, find that Windows 7 (64-bit) is the most solid. I've never had DVTool drop out.
        >
        > In any event, my question is this: Is there a way to keep more than the current caller displayed on the screen? If so, I have not figured it out. I'd be happy for any help.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Richard, AB8YS

      • richeppley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
          Hi JP,

          Thanks for the info. The "beta 5" file works great. The "History" tab is just what I was looking for.

          Thanks again for responding.

          Richard, AB8YS