Remote Host & Port

  • naicgarysimms
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23 1:57 PM
      I was told at Dayton that the DV Dongle could be attached to one computer and accessed by a remote computer by running the software on the remote computer and specifying the remote host & port.

      I can not find any documentation on this feature. Point me to a source please!

      TNX,

      Gary
    • Petzl
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24 1:08 AM
        --- In DVDongle@yahoogroups.com, "naicgarysimms" <naicgarysimms@...> wrote:

        > I was told at Dayton that the DV Dongle could be attached to one computer and accessed by a remote computer by running the software on the remote computer and specifying the remote host & port.
        >
        > I can not find any documentation on this feature. Point me to a source please!
        >
        > TNX,
        >
        > Gary

        Ubuntu :

        create a bat file with :
        ./ascpseriald.lnx /dev/ttyUSB0 20002

        Windows

        create a bat file with :
        ascpseriald COM5 20002

        The only problem is that this worked when i used ubuntu as a server, on my windows server i can connect and don't get a server list.
      • JI1BQW
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
          I am using 1.10.beta5 and the remote feature works fine with my CentOS5
          and Windows Vista and XP. It makes my Dongle life much easier.

          I know it is beta, but it would be nicer if the remote host and port are
          preserved even after exiting DVTool in the production release.

          Thanks and 73,
          --
          JI1BQW - Kay Ishikawa