Avira deleting ascpseriald.exe

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2009
      Hi all,

      Just been handed a dongle that wouldn't work, only to find that Avira antivirus had deleted the ascpseriald.exe file that the dongle needs to work with on this PC and the original owners PC.

      Not sure if this has been covered before, but those out there that use Avira may of had the same problem.

      I googled "ascpseriald.exe" and found a UK site to download the individual program, dumped it in the DVTool folder and it all worked again with no problems.

      Thanks for those that kept me occupied for around 4 hours on the Canadian node and Ref005A while I was trying to get my food cooked.
      (I was hungry before I started!)

      Like I said before, if this has been brought up previously, my apologies, although I don't seem to remember it being posted before.

      Keep up the good work Robin, much appreciated.

      73 de Neil, G7EBY.