I am confused

  • n2slb
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 2:50 PM
      Hear no activity. However, D-Star site shows a lot of activity. How is
      it I do not hear any. Based on what I read in QST I would get a fair
      amount of activity with the DV Dongle. Bob
    • Fran Miele
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 6:30 AM

        There are lots of variables so it is hard to answer your question. I would first listen on reflector 001 port c. There is usually a lot of activity on that one. Many of the repeaters I listen to are fairly quiet, especially during the work day.

        Fran, W1FJM

        Hear no activity. However, D-Star site shows a lot of activity. How is
        it I do not hear any. Based on what I read in QST I would get a fair
        amount of activity with the DV Dongle. Bob

      • Woodrick, Ed
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2 7:54 AM

          There is a lot of activity worldwide. But that activity happens on individual repeaters on individual systems. D-STAR isn’t one big channel. It’s like FM repeaters, bunch of individual systems across the world.

          BUT, linking with D-STAR is significantly with D-STAR is significantly easier and of much higher quality than FM. And the way that we link is analogous to IRLP or Echolink. Links can be repeater to repeater, or repeater to reflector. A reflector is a place where a lot of repeaters can link to.

          At this time, REF001C is usually the busiest reflector. If you connect, you might not hear anything for an hour or so, but if you throw out a general call, you should get an answer.

          Ed WA4YIH

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2 9:25 AM
            To my fellow amateurs who came to my support. I threw out a signal and had qsos with Ohio and Portugal. I guess the thing is working. See you soon and thank you so much. 73 Bob