running the dongle on a USB memory run

  • john_ke5c
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2009
      I don't know if this is useful, but it is kind of interesting. I wish I had kept an exact record of what I did, but I created a USB live Fedora 10 x86_64 installation on a Patriot 16 GB USB memory stick, installed Java, installed DVTool, installed glibc (needed the 32 bit version), adjusted the PATH to include java, adjusted the serial port permissions and successfully ran the dv dongle chatting happily on REF001C booting the USB stick.

      73 -- John